Anyone bought bullets from Precision Delta lately?

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Mike the load will be for basically everything. USPSA, SC, and just shooting in general. I've been shooting Mitch's match with my Shield and M&P fullsize with 115 Hornady HAPS and I am kinda liking them. Maybe it's the snappier slide movement, but the gun seems like it's less "clunky" with lighter bullets. It's hard to explain but it almost feels like it recoiling less than my 147 gamer loads. Probably not but there's something different. Plus I'll be set when I get that JP carbine!

Powder will be e3 or WST, although I do have Tightgroup on hand too.

noylj

Fanatic
Exposed lead at the base? Recovered cast lead bullets will show that the base has not been effected by the heat. Lead comes from primers.
Back in the late '70s, one of the magazines actually coated the base of cast bullet with Tempe-Lac (or however it is spelled) and recovered bullets showed the temperature-sensitive paint hadn't even seen the heat.The time in the barrel in so short that the only heating comes from friction and gas blow-by if the bullet doesn't seal the bore.
Since the question was ONLY about PD, I would say that PD is just very, very slightly less accurate than MG and Zero, but not enough to be an issue. They are certainly a lot more accurate than plated bullets I have tested and many cast bullets I have tested. I have no concern buying or recommending PD over almost all other bullet companies today.
I buy ONLY JHPs.

noylj

Fanatic
>For me in .40 though, Xtreme in 180gr RNFP $110 shipped per 1k vs. $120 from PD

At that price difference, I'll stay with really accurate jacketed bullets and not those plated bullets that generally give me more of a shotgun pattern.
​I did not see any post I already made so just let me say this:
PD has always been VERY fast and their price for quantities of 2000 and up has always been very competitive.
In a perfect world, I would probably only be shooting Zero bullets (jacketed and swaged), but with having to actually spend money on bullets that are available and ready to ship, PD has been my top choice for several years.

PS: when someone asks about XYZ bullets, why would any one simply post: "ABC bullets"? Forgive the grammatical error, but the internal end-quotation mark I think reads clearer. Just like it seems that every time someone asks about a specific pistol powder, someone answers with "TiteGroup"
If you really don't want to address the question, at least expand on your "answer" so the OP has some idea why.
For those mentioning coated bullets, if you haven't actually tried the swaged and coated bullets from Precision Bullets, you just might be missing out on a great thing.
Most 9x19s do better with 0.356" jacketed than 0.355" and 0.357-0.358" lead than 0.356". All my 9x19 pistols really like slightly over-sized bullets.

noylj

Fanatic
They are pretty much as good as Montana Gold or Zero. MY buying preference right now is Zero and then PD.
You can't beat them for the price.
I think any one who HASN'T tried them is missing out on a great deal.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Precision Bullets are remarkably accurate, but they smoke only somewhat less than lead. I have been jokingly accused of using black powder for .40 major when running Precision Bullets 180gr and TiteGroup.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
dr poopgiggle said:
what does that have to do with precision delta
Good question. I believe I answered a question from a different thread or forum in this thread. And that is just fantastic. I am going to go clean and oil my brand new single stack gun.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Mitch Gibson said:
Good question. I believe I answered a question from a different thread or forum in this thread. And that is just fantastic. I am going to go clean and oil my brand new single stack gun.
blue bullets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts