Anybody Shooting a Burris Mtac?

imhntn

Founding Member
I wanted to find out about the reticle in these. Do they have marks corresponding to distance for long range shooting? I have not been able to find a good pic of the reticle or much info about the reticle they use online.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
It's pretty much (if not the same) as the tac30. Center dot 100, bottom of center dot 200, second dot 300, fourth 400.

Chambers

actual GM
Got one.

Nice glass goofy reticle, IMO. Really bad on 1x. Hard to beat at the price point though.

Sundance74

Well-Known Fanatic
With 60-62gr bullets zero at 100, first dot is on at 300, second at 400, third at 500, but that little hole at the bottom of the big circle that's supposed to be your 600 hold sucks. 55gr'ers will shoot between the dots so you can still hit consistently. Not a bad scope for the $$, pretty fast and easy and tough.

Sniper1444

Fanatic
hope this helps.....

ballisticcqreticledia.jpg

loneranger

Fanatic
I've got the Tac30 which has the same reticle and I've been very pleased with it and have shot it out to 350 yards without any problems. I've thought about moving up to the XTR for better glass but can't seem to make myself spend more when the Tac30 works so well and stays zeroed well. The mtac is much easier to move the power ring so I'll probably go that way next.

MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Well-Known Fanatic
Chambers said:
Got one.

Nice glass goofy reticle, IMO. Really bad on 1x. Hard to beat at the price point though.
Interesting, I thought the exact opposite. It's not very bright at night compared to a Zeiss or ACOG so I figured the glass sucked. I like the reticle at 1x because it's rather large and bright, so if hitting a silhouette at 10 yards, it's a no-brainer and very fast. What does suck at 1x is that unless you're using it in action, there is a very obnoxious fish bowl effect around the edges. Also I thought the reticle sucks on long distance targets due to being so busy. Long distance targets just need a tiny crosshair in my opinion.

Latest posts