Anybody know a good source for indistrial shelving?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I'm currently using some if those pallet rack kinda deals but I think I could switch to a narrower setup to get better organized. Let me know if you have the skinny on anything. Thanks.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
MSC or Grainger would be a good source and/or place to start, but the price might reflect commercial quality shelving instead of home garage quality. MSC > Grainger.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Keep your eye out and google up some industrial auctions. Have you ever seen Stanley Vidmar stuff? It's the very epitome of high end stuff and it has a price tag to match. But you can find them for literally pennies on the dollar in liquidation auctions. One of my ex-bosses bought several hundred at multiple auctions and the price was just insanely cheap.

ETA: Don't forget the government liquidations either. They have all manner of stuff for sale all the time on the cheap.

dennishoddy

I had to buy a pallet of the industrial racks at an auction. I've used three of them in my new shop, The only thing left is the horizontal part of the rack. I don't have any more ends. They are for free if we could find some ends.

dennishoddy

Don't forget the government liquidations either. They have all manner of stuff for sale all the time on the cheap.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/endecaSearch?Ntt=racks&Ntk=P_Lot_Title&Ntx=mode+matchall&N=0&Nty=1&Ns=P_Lot_Number|0&words=racks&cmd=keyword

Get on this site and you will be addicted to seeing what you can get for the cheap. I've bought 3/4 ton trailers that tilt with brand new tires, and a new spare for less than $200.

There are some trailers in this link because they have racks.

The company, Gov liquidations is based in Ariz, and they are assholes if you make one mistake on some forms you have to fill out.
If you go that way, be sure to cross the T's and dot the I's. Its dealing with gubberment at its worst.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
http://www.govliquid...cks&cmd=keyword

Get on this site and you will be addicted to seeing what you can get for the cheap. I've bought 3/4 ton trailers that tilt with brand new tires, and a new spare for less than $200.

There are some trailers in this link because they have racks.

The company, Gov liquidations is based in Ariz, and they are assholes if you make one mistake on some forms you have to fill out.
If you go that way, be sure to cross the T's and dot the I's. Its dealing with gubberment at its worst.
That's the exact site I was referring to, I can spend hours on that thing. But every time I see a lathe or mill that's been outside for months or years I wanna cry.

dennishoddy

That's the exact site I was referring to, I can spend hours on that thing. But every time I see a lathe or mill that's been outside for months or years I wanna cry.

Isn't that the truth? When I worked for Smith Tool, a company that made oilfield drill bits, one of our buyers found an entire warehouse of horizontal mills, built by Cincinatti
that were still in the cosmoline. Originally bought by the US Navy towards the end of WWII, and warehoused until we bought them.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Isn't that the truth? When I worked for Smith Tool, a company that made oilfield drill bits, one of our buyers found an entire warehouse of horizontal mills, built by Cincinatti
that were still in the cosmoline. Originally bought by the US Navy towards the end of WWII, and warehoused until we bought them.
lol. I worked for Norton Christensen for almost 8 years, probably still be there if they hadn't moved the plant to Houston.

1000YRDSHOT

Well-Known Fanatic
Ars Inc
transparent.png

200 Northeast 48th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73105

(405) 521-8500 â€' (405) 521-8500 ext. 15 ‎

This is where I bought my pallet racking from, they had all types of shelving and other used equipment. I seriously suggest talking to these guys about what you are looking for.

Latest posts