any problems with no tube clamp?

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
anyone really have much problems not running a magazine clamp? Im tired of taking it on and off when cleaning and then rechecking POI for slugs... I saw nick atkinson doesnt run one a 12 rnd tube and says he has never had a problem.... i know everyone thinks the tube will break off or whatever but honestly if this happened once a year while throwing in a dump bucket I will just carry a spare which would probably cost less time than missing slug targets on and off through the season... who gots thoughts :)

Im dealing right now with a 12rd tube that has a bent/loose factory extension from getting tossed in too many barrels.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I use a +7 with a 26" barrel with Briley extended choke so it sits pretty close to flush. I haven't had problems with mine, but I also don't toss it in the barrel like I'm playing basketball either.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
In the instructions for the extension, it says to tighten the nut down to the factory mag tube but leave the extension loose. when you add the clamp it will hold the extension securely, not the nut. This should prevent any poi shift.

wkent

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a +9 on CZ 720 Utility, no clamp and no issues but I'm old and slow plus I place it in the barrel rather that dumping it.

Latest posts