Any precision rifle matches?

0hm

Fanatic
anyone know of any precision/long range matches in the greater metro area?

any possibility of some people just getting together to shoot a fun match?

mods: sorry, this may have been in the wrong topic. if so, please move.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I don't know of any matches going on right now, but I'd be interested in a long range shoot be it a match or just a get together. OKCGC would be a good place to meet up, I haven't had a chance to take my rifle past 200yds yet so I'm curious to see just how it will do.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I would love to learn the long range game. My long range 3 gun game could use the patience from the real long range shooting.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
why don't we look at setting up a "match" ourselves.. meaning a bunch of us get together and shoot long distance and see how we do??

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
i say anything with a scope!! that way we don't limit it and we get more people involved, i don't think we need to have a ton of "rules", although one rule will be i get to shoot everyone's gun!!!!

joshappel

Par times back to normal
Shoot 300yds at reduced target to simulate longer ranges? A week night match, club vs club using the same targets? Just thinking out loud

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Because a sucker is born every minute, and a leader is born every two hours.

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
What kind of a round count are we thinking here? Could get spendy FAST. I would probably compete with my 1903a4 just for the heck of it.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
OKC Gun Club has monthly 600 yd prone matches. There are 2 scoped rifle classes, F-Open and F/TR. F/TR is limited to .308 and .223 with a bipod and rear sand bag. Open is all other calibers 35 caliber or less. Matches are 3 x 20 plus sighters.

http://www.okcgunclub.org/highpower/hp_midrange.html

0hm

Fanatic
yeah, but doesn't the OKCGC require memberships to be in their prone matches? what resources do we have to reach out as far as possible without rucking my lazy ass all the way up to tulsa?

1000YRDSHOT

Well-Known Fanatic
OKCGC has an AR match on the last Sunday of the month, it is on the silhouette range.

Short range, and long range match. You can shoot one or both. 5 Steel plates at each distance, I think they are 10" plates. One round per target. Can't remember all the distances. Something like 100, 150, 200, 250 for short range, and 300 to 500 yards for the long range.

They are still working out a scoring system with plates hit and time.

Check it out.

1000YRDSHOT

Well-Known Fanatic
yeah, but doesn't the OKCGC require memberships to be in their prone matches? what resources do we have to reach out as far as possible without rucking my lazy ass all the way up to tulsa?

As far as I understand, OKCGC does not require membership to shoot in club matches.

Latest posts