Any Nice Backyard Ranges?

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
My shooting bench if u can make sense of the pics. The range is just lots + lots of white at the moment.

Very nice! What do you have downrange? What is your distance? How many degrees of shooting field options do you have down range? (15 degrees? 75? 180)? Do you set short, intermediate and long targets? What type of targets......steel, paper, found objects??

Can you drive or atv to the shed or do you have to........walk?

And.......where's the bbq?

Thx

Nothing in front but trees. I cut about a 50' swath out to 100 yards. I had an excavator pull the stumps and pile them up for a backstop. I built a stand on wheels I can mount a piece of plywood on to roll as close as u want. Mostly paper targets but I have various steel hanging targets. I have a dueling tree that is a blast. I usually don't shoot junk cus I'm to lazy to pick up the pieces but I do keep a bunch of gal water jugs in the freezer. If u look threw the bench u can see a target the BBQ is next to it. Maybe 30' from my shop with my reloading equipment. 100' from my house.

Buck Buck

Well-Known Fanatic
How fun to just walk out the door ...
So

Now you just need a cow or deer to walk by, a BBQ, some deliveries of ammo or ammo components and a best friend to enjoy it with. Blessed!

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
My personal range would be a dream come true! I live on 3 acres, and can occasionally pop off a couple quick rounds, if I'm working up a new load. But for the most part, I try not to upset the neighbors too much...

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
I had / have REALLY bad neighbors. Besides being HUGE A**holes, they hate guns.

Sooooo I set up my range about 40 feet off our mutual property line. "F" 'em. I want the neigbors to enjoy our shooting as much as us.