Any love for the Mini 14?

AirMech74

Well-Known Fanatic
Anybody else a fan of the Mini 14? I just recently picked one up and love it...its a work in progress. Can't decided if I want to put a different stock on it. I duracoated the original black synthetic stock in Desert Warrior Dark Earth and plan on spraying the rest of the gun in Combat Gray.

2011-05-09150846.jpg

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
I have a early 90's version. I like it.

It will kill a milk jug at 100 yards... but get it hot, it will string shots on paper. Ruger should have put a "Garand" quality set of sights on it... and getting a good set of aftermarket 20 round mags was touch and go... Ruger should have thickened the barrel profile to semi- bull too.. that would fix the heating and harmonics somewhat.

But I still like it. It's a rifle meant to be used in a para-military context. It gets rounds out there... works dirty.. and it's easy to pack and tote all day. It's a dandy truck gun... kinda like a Winchester 94, adding optics kinda gets in the way as it's a quick gun to handle as it's issued.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
It has always been on my firearms bucket list. If I can ever get all the competition guns I want I'll buy cool fun guns like this.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I love the Mini-14. They are just plain cool. Carbines in general, but these especially. I want to take one to a three gun just to take the heat off JP and his AK's

AirMech74

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a early 90's version. I like it.

It will kill a milk jug at 100 yards... but get it hot, it will string shots on paper. Ruger should have put a "Garand" quality set of sights on it... and getting a good set of aftermarket 20 round mags was touch and go... Ruger should have thickened the barrel profile to semi- bull too.. that would fix the heating and harmonics somewhat.

But I still like it. It's a rifle meant to be used in a para-military context. It gets rounds out there... works dirty.. and it's easy to pack and tote all day. It's a dandy truck gun... kinda like a Winchester 94, adding optics kinda gets in the way as it's a quick gun to handle as it's issued.

Get you one of those Accu-Struts like the one on mine... suppose to dissappate heat and ad a lil more stability to the barrel after it heats up.

AirMech74

Well-Known Fanatic
Added an Ultimak scout rail and a Sig red dot....next up will be the rest of the Duracoat job...barrel and receiver.

2011-05-19212456.jpg

Latest posts