Any Amazon Echo owners? Time to polish up your tin foil hat . . !

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
What you're doing is smart. I apologize for being overly security technical, it's kind of my thing. People that allow to connect to open wifi should look at the https://www.wifipineapple.com/ They can redirect your connection to their access point and you wouldn't even know. At that point they can capture your data. Most traffic is safe because of SSL, but not all. However, I run at work and at home to decrypt various SSL traffic on wired and wireless via Cisco FTD. I'll just show the image without going into the details. So I've put my Alexa and many other devices through this test. Again, sorry for being a security geek.

View attachment 1873

I know enough about computers to screw them up......

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
It doesn't shut off like in the hoax videos. It gives you a statement about tak8ng privacy seriously. If 9ne is REALLY that worried about the CIA, NSA or another spook organization, I'm guessing having an Echo in the house is a bad idea. Get rid of all the TVs, the phones and GPS devices as well.
Yep, they can watch you through your computer/tv camera and listen through your smart tv also and I'm am not a conspiracy theorist!!

Latest posts