Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
I know this is old but didn't know if anybody knew about it.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/ ... 87987/P10/

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties..

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine. But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

Here's the kicker apparently he's going to be charged.

http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/6757337/

Whiteville, N.C. ? A Columbus County grand jury on Thursday indicted state Sen. R.C. Soles in connection with an August shooting at his Tabor City home.

Soles, D-Columbus, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.

Authorities have said Soles shot Thomas Kyle Blackburn after two intruders kicked in the front door of the lawmaker's home. Blackburn wasn't badly hurt in the incident.

Soles' attorney, Joe Cheshire, said in a statement Thursday that his client fired in self-defense, adding that he was disappointed with the indictment.

"We will continue to work with the Attorney General?s Office to resolve this unfortunate matter, consistent with the truth," Cheshire said.

The state Attorney General's Office assumed control of the case in September after local prosecutors said their close ties to Soles would preclude them from handling the investigation.

A grand jury last month found probable cause that Soles acted criminally when he shot Blackburn.

A different grand jury returned the indictment Thursday. If he is convicted, he could face 15 to 31 months in prison.

Soles, 75, is the state's longest-serving lawmaker, having been in the General Assembly for 42 years. He said last week that he won't seek re-election in November.

Senate President Pro Tempore Marc Basnight said he doesn't plan to ask Soles to step down earlier, saying his longtime colleague hasn't had his day in court.

"I don?t know much about the details of this case, except that our system of justice will run its course," Basnight, D-Dare, said in a statement.

jonyrotten

Well-Known Fanatic
dipshit, he's not a very good shot evidently

he should have been required to defend himself with a "pointed stick" as eric idle said

just like most of those assholes, the royalty is allowed, it's just you unwashed masses that are not allowed

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
that's funny. :lol:
I've heard that Pelosi has a cary permit too.

It's all politics.
We have a framwork for a great government, but we just don't have anyone in office who is there to govern.
it's all about what they can do for themselves and their buddies.

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
Pops said:
It's all politics.
We have a framwork for a great government, but we just don't have anyone in office who is there to govern.
it's all about what they can do for themselves and their buddies.

That and money.

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
jonyrotten said:
it's just you unwashed masses that are not allowed

HEY, I take a shower every morning! :evil:

Okay, so I didn't wash yet today- so sue me. But that is irrelevant. Even though he's a shmuck Demokrat why is he being charged in this? It's not like he lives here in Moscowchusetts or something, don't they have the Castle Doctrine where he is too? If not, his own lawmaking endeavors have surely jumped up and bit his butt back pretty good! :lol:

Maybe some day they will understand once more in the USA that the victims and not the criminals are the ones who really should have the rights. Sadly, it probably will not happen in my lifetime.

jonyrotten

Well-Known Fanatic
Midnight Raver said:
jonyrotten said:
it's just you unwashed masses that are not allowed
don't they have the Castle Doctrine where he is too? If not, his own lawmaking endeavors have surely jumped up and bit his butt back pretty good! :lol:

that was my point ol' buddy, NC definitely DOES NOT have a castle doctrine, that's one of the main reasons i moved to SC 3 years ago. in NC you are required by law to retreat,
EVEN IN YOUR OWN HOUSE!!!
i think they will finally allow you to shoot if the BG's gun barrel is at least 6 inches up your ass. seriously, the ridiculous law says you can shoot ONLY if someone is coming in your door or window, but once they are in, you have to run. and that's the truth. crazy, huh? it's lawmakers like this guy that put the rest of us under these restrictions, so i think it's just funny as hell that he is now being prosecuted under it. he won't be convicted though, not to worry.

Latest posts