Ammo prices... 2017 vs 2021 (today... right now)

KenL

Fanatic
Around here 40 was priced about same as 45 , now it's less and available . $26.00 isn't bad for the time we're in . I've never had a desire to own one , but I've advised a couple people to make it their first purchase . They're not regular shooters , just want a gun and a few boxes of ammo . LGS is getting $45.00 per box for 9mm .
If they go with a Glock in .40, for most models they can buy a LWD 9mm conversion barrel for around $ 100.00. Pair the conversion barrel with a 9mm magazine and you're good to go - no other changes needed. I went that way when I bought a G27 and it works great. That flexibility was made for times like this where you can find some calibers in stock and not others. IF things ever get back to normal, the 9mm setup makes for a nice practice rig with the option to go with .40 if you want/need the extra oomph.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I know of two LGS sitting on plenty of ammo , also keeping prices sky high . I'll save the ammo I have and take up bowling before I buy from them .
I hope the gougers choke on their ammo. I bet if people just stopped paying these asinine prices things would start to turn around. I also realize those who just got into shooting may not have a lot of options, but I hate to see the gougers get away with their crap. I've live thru the ammo shortages since obama got into office, and I swore I would not get caught flat footed again. I am not going to apologize to anyone for having the foresight to stock up when prices were low. I also do not sell what I do have.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I hope the gougers choke on their ammo. I bet if people just stopped paying these asinine prices things would start to turn around. I also realize those who just got into shooting may not have a lot of options, but I hate to see the gougers get away with their crap. I've live thru the ammo shortages since obama got into office, and I swore I would not get caught flat footed again. I am not going to apologize to anyone for having the foresight to stock up when prices were low. I also do not sell what I do have.

I must thank Mr. Klinton for tipping me off to stock pile, for me, My Son & his Son.
I do feel for the Guys & gals who just for what ever reason decided to arm themselves today.

Over the years gun owners began to see the truth about the Communist & how they would someday
try to run our guns out of Gas. Many began to see a day when the Godless Communist would try to
take America down. Many others just refused to let themselves think about the Communist being
anymore that dumb Democrats. Too bad all the signals were there to see by everyone, yet many
just stood by and watched..

I understand how a prepper would feel when they have been spending money they did not have
to stock up on guns & ammo. It's not like the commies kept it a secret :oops: they wanted to disarm you
& every other law abiding American enslave you or kill you. Lead in kids toys, women's lipstick
all Made in Mother CHINA to kill Americans.

I have walked into some gun peoples self made in home Gun shops that I have have met over the years.
Boxes of Bullets under $10.00 per hundred, 1000 Federal 210M for 8 to 9 dollars, cases rifle & pistol pennies per case.
One guy with 9 large gun safes has racks of primers, powder 8lb kegs reloading presses, dies, just mini gun stores
bought for pennies on todays dollar.

There is so much product stashed back over the Klinton, Obama years it's amazing the ammo & Gun companies ever
got Guns & Ammo back on the shelves. However they did & every time it'$ much more & does not go back to previous
prices.

If I had no gun & ammo today.
I would buy a 6.5 X 55mm Swedish Mouser.
A Mossberg shotgun 12ga.
any 44spl revolver or Colt 45LC.

I have seen guns & ammo for shotguns, many old time cartridges for bolt rifles some old time revolvers.

Point is try to get a shotgun. Self defense, hunting etc.
0 to 150 yards a shotgun is no rifle but beats hell out of a pistol.

One 18.5" 7 shot Ithaca Mod 37 & 5, 25 round boxes of mixed 12 gauge would work
to save your family, from Antifags & BLM punks, They will run after they see some Pukes hit the dirt DOA!

Yes we need to help the new ones if we can, however I did not walk miles & spend thousands on guns & ammo
just to sell it for what I paid for it. Also my Son & his Son have the largest say as I bought all this for their futures.

So many who did stock pile over time feel like this my be the Big one Elisbeth :eek: they feel like shooting 22s only now
so. What's the chance of getting them to sell what may be their last chance to obtain affordable guns & ammo again.

Only time will tell us about what King Bitten will try to do with his Godless Communist in charge of AMERICA!

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I just saw my local rural king has 100 round boxes of Winchester 9mm for $31.99 and Tula 50 round box for $14.99 those prices are not too terrible. Although the $51.99 for 20 rounds of ball 7.62 x 51 was super crazy!!!!
Absolutely no 380acp though, only seen one box lately.

You think these prices are crazy? Just wait until the false flag alien invasion starts!! They come in piece, truly:)

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
I just saw my local rural king has 100 round boxes of Winchester 9mm for $31.99 and Tula 50 round box for $14.99 those prices are not too terrible. Although the $51.99 for 20 rounds of ball 7.62 x 51 was super crazy!!!!
Absolutely no 380acp though, only seen one box lately.

You think these prices are crazy? Just wait until the false flag alien invasion starts!! They come in piece, truly:)
The Aliens will be here " To Serve Man ". Or did you mean the illegal alien invasion already under way ?

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
The Aliens will be here " To Serve Man ". Or did you mean the illegal alien invasion already under way ?
Nah bro! The ones from the sky;-)
Government did or is supposed to announce that UFOs are real! I figure that's what's next! Then maybe the dinosaurs will make their triumphant return:)

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
As long as people will pay a buck a round for 9mm the places will keep selling it for that. There are so many million more people buying pistols and they all want at least a box or two so quickly rationalize "what the hell" and pay $50 to $100 along with the purchase of the pistol. Well, do the numbers. That one or two boxes is enough to keep these A Holes in business selling ammo for inflated prices. If NO ONE payed those prices there would be an ammo glut and 9mm (and probably .45) would be back to normal prices. No dealer or distributor wants millions of dollars of ammo just sitting there. I would not shoot live ammo for the prices they are asking now and practice with laser and dry firing. Which I do. I still teach some law enforcement firearms and departments are able to get ammo and I shoot with them when I teach. I'm lucky there but still, other than that, I would refuse to pay inflated prices. It only compounds the problem.

Latest posts