Aluminum Shock Buffers

Josh Smith

New Fanatic
Hello,

I've wanted to try these for a few years now and kept forgetting to order them. Just wasn't a priority.

vfMdwa.jpg

It looks good installed:

Vwq7t8.jpg

And it seems to work:

plTHYItbj

I like buffers in my 1911s for a couple reasons. First, it "feels good" to pad the recoil. Second, I like to lessen the stroke a bit so that the slide can lock back after the last round before it speeds up too much. I've had to reshape notches in 1911 slides and find it irritating.

Regards,
Josh

GROOT

Well-Known Fanatic
Although buffers are not for me, nor would I recommended them, I would think if you are going to use these, you would want to keep a close eye on your round count and change these frequently.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
So whats the logic behind a buffer for a 1911? I've never thought they kicked too hard or the muzzle hard to control. If it was an AK47, maybe...but not for a 1911.

WWB

Well-Known Fanatic
The buffer is supposed to protect the frame from the slide slamming against it during recoil.. A really nonissue IMO

Soonerpast

Fanatic
I use the aluminum buffers in a .40 s&w 1911, set up for single stack competition in USPSA. It does take some abuse as the picture above shows. It also seems to speed up the cycling, allowing a slightly faster reset to fire the next shot. There is one in my double stack, Limited class pistol.

Latest posts