Alien gear holsters= No Bueno!

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in alien gear holsters. I haven't even received my holster yet and I will not be buying anything from them again. I'm at 5 1/2 weeks wait now and still haven't received a shipping notification. They advertise 4-6 week lead time. But I was talking about it with a co worker last night and he informed me his father waited a almost 8 weeks to receive his so I'm sure it's a ongoing issue. I own several brand ccw holsters including comp tac, crossbreed, old faithful and some others and have never waited more than a few weeks at most. I emailed them today so I shall see how they respond to the matter. But I figure I would put it out there so you know if you can't wait indefinitely don't order from them. I know I won't again and I'm glad I have other stuff to carry. It's almost quicker to get a carry permit in OK than to receive a holster.....

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
In all fairness, they did advertise 4-6 weeks wait time and you're not fully there yet.
Can't quite discredit them just yet. Let them respond to the email before you vent.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Matt Rigsby said:
In all fairness, they did advertise 4-6 weeks wait time and you're not fully there yet.
Can't quite discredit them just yet. Let them respond to the email before you vent.
normally I could agree with that. But it's misleading goto their website and tell me where it shows the lead time. I didn't see that until I received my emailed order notification and they already had my money. Trust me if I had know I would have spent the cash on another crossbreed. Also my opinion is just that and I will not order from them again.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
That is a little shady to not mention a lead time until the product is paid for. The way it was worded in the original post made it seem like you knew about it before making the order. I get the frustration now.

I got a knockoff crossbreed style holster from Foxx holsters awhile back and have been really happy with it. Wear it daily with a Kahr CW9. I got it from Amazon in about a week for not much over $30

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
I agree with Matt on both points: Shady of them not to be upfront about the wait time, and I also read it like you knew going in.

The guys that people seem to be willing to wait for (Raven, Armordillo, etc.) all have turnaround times in the 4-6 week range, so I wasn't surprised by that. I WAS surprised that you didn't find out until your order was completed.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I bought one awhile ago and it cane quick. 1-3 weeks if memory serves me correctly for a G19 or G17 holster which should be one if the most popular models. I didn't like the comfort at all. I was trying it as a 1/2 price alternative to my favorite which are the crossbreed mini tuck. Not even close. Leather was thicker and not nearly as soft comfortable. I gave it away rather than mess with trying to return it.

Buy once cry once.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Jesse Tischauser said:
I bought one awhile ago and it cane quick. 1-3 weeks if memory serves me correctly for a G19 or G17 holster which should be one if the most popular models. I didn't like the comfort at all. I was trying it as a 1/2 price alternative to my favorite which are the crossbreed mini tuck. Not even close. Leather was thicker and not nearly as soft comfortable. I gave it away rather than mess with trying to return it.

Buy once cry once.
that may be part of the problem. They have a new 2.0 version that is neoprene and vinyl. That's the one I ordered. I'm ordering either a comp tac or crossbreed today.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Michael Ray said:
I agree with Matt on both points: Shady of them not to be upfront about the wait time, and I also read it like you knew going in.

The guys that people seem to be willing to wait for (Raven, Armordillo, etc.) all have turnaround times in the 4-6 week range, so I wasn't surprised by that. I WAS surprised that you didn't find out until your order was completed.
It may show the wait time somewhere but I looked again to verify before I posted this and I don't see it. Crossbreed is up front about it and list 2 weeks. I carry IWB and do not like full kydex holsters for all day carry.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Also I did a Google search on alien gear and...
260f309ec72f42a4979f4280880133a6.jpg
i found these kinda funny though. O well I'm not trying to bash them. Was just putting the word out so people will be aware that some people like the holsters but the wait may be longer than preferred.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
On a somewhat related and entirely self-promoting note: I'll be selling a complete (two tuckable belt clip struts and the mag carrier) G-Code INCOG rig soon for any intrepid M&P users to take advantage of. I waited over a month to get this thing and really don't care for it.

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
I looked all over their website and saw no mention of a 4-6 week wait. It's very deceiving of them to notify you after you place the order. I almost ordered one of their holsters a couple weeks ago and I'm glad I didn't. Ordered a StealthGear Onyx instead. It shipped 8 days after ordering and I got it today. Expensive, but comfortable.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
My Raven Concealment was in my mailbox 4 weeks and 2 days after ordering but at least they where upfront about it. They also have there most popular holsters available for immediate shipping.

Glockman85

Well-Known Fanatic
Dustin Cantrell said:
I looked all over their website and saw no mention of a 4-6 week wait. It's very deceiving of them to notify you after you place the order. I almost ordered one of their holsters a couple weeks ago and I'm glad I didn't. Ordered a StealthGear Onyx instead. It shipped 8 days after ordering and I got it today. Expensive, but comfortable.
Just ordered the aiwb version! Looks like a great holster and their reviews are outstanding so will see. I'll let ya know!

Latest posts