Addiction....

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
IME, addiction is a choice. You either choose to drink, stick a hole in your arm, snort, smoke, and a few others I can't think of right now..........or you don't.
Quit smoking cold turkey, 20 years of Camel non-filter and KOOL shorties. I don't drink cause I like it too much, and get to the point where I have to find the bottom of any bottle I open. Hell, there was a five year period I didn't draw a sober breath. I may or may not have tried some of the 'other stuff'. I CHOSE to stop. A conscious, rational decision.
YMMV, everyone's does.

OldGunner_43

Well-Known Fanatic
YMMV? No offense, but my poor old brain gets tired of trying to decipher four and five letter acronyms/abbreviations. I guess it's the result of texting instead of talking. At any rate, I'm glad to hear that you made a very good, conscious decision.

OldGunner_43

Well-Known Fanatic
Arrgh! Let's not start to build a texting dictionary here. PLEASE. Just label me a recalcitrant "old fart". Or should that be an ROF? :0)

Reactions: CJ

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
I read the op and thought about my own recovery. It hasn't been easy but I've been completely clean for a bit over 30 days, that little P-01 was just to much for me pass up. ;) Been off the hard stuff, for almost a year. It's hard to kick buying 1911's.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I read the op and thought about my own recovery. It hasn't been easy but I've been completely clean for a bit over 30 days, that little P-01 was just to much for me pass up. ;) Been off the hard stuff, for almost a year. It's hard to kick buying 1911's.
The firearm addiction is NOT a choice like the aforementioned sins! There is no cure and there won't be, there's no funding for our disease because instead of finding a cure we're buying more firearms!:cool:

By the way quite smoking 9 years ago!

OldGunner_43

Well-Known Fanatic
I am trying very hard to cure the 1911 addiction - without funding! Just let an ACW Anomaly slip into my collection despite earlier denials. Glad to hear you quit smoking (it makes more funds available for 1911s). Gotcha beat there. I smoked my last cigarette in December 1995.

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
Next Wednesday it will be a year since I've had a Copenhagen. Hardly ever miss it now but I still get a hankering for a chew every month or so. I figured it would free up more $ for guns. Plus here in ca you get taxed so hard on tobacco. I hated giving that much to our shitty government.

Latest posts