A2 Front Site Removal

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I was trying to remove an A2 front site last night and it won. Anybody have an insider tip in how to get those pins to budge? I felt like I wasnt getting good support under the site which may be my problem.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
they're taper pins & come out the side that the cases eject from the upper

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Mine were so bad, I mushroomed two punches getting them out. I would wail on it for about 20-30 minutes and quit when I got so mad I was afraid I was going to smash the gun. I did that 3 or 4 times before I finally broke them loose.

dennishoddy

Since you all don't like my humor.....Try putting some heat on it with a propane torch. A hole will expand more than the pin thats in the hole. Seriously.

jtischauser

Once I knew what direction to push one swift hammer got em both. Now the barrel nut was another thing. I ruined one of my wrenches and had to cut the delta ring off with my Dremel and use a pipe wrench on the stripped barrel nut cogs. This is a brand new upper too. I guess I may not be torquing my builds this tight?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I don't torque mine to any set spec. I just get it tight then turn it 1 more hole to line up for the gas tube.

jtischauser

Is that last turn a *****? I was within a half of a hole when it was pretty tight so I just went a half hole more. Think i should go for one more?

As u can tell I'm a newbie when it comes to building uppers and lowers for that matter.

Latest posts