A USPSA newbie in Northeast Kansas aspiring to enter 3-Gun one day...

I am a newly joined member of USPSA. I am so new that I am totally unclassified in everything and only have my USPSA number right now. I want to start out in the total stock/factory classifications so I can compete with what I have right now.

When I say new, I also mean I have a couple pistols (one 9mm and one .40 S&W), a flattop AR-15 that I can mount a red dot upon, and a half shotgun in 20 gauge (it was gifted to me without a barrel) and a 3.5 inch shell pump action that I will need to take the Knoxx SpecOps recoil reduction stock off of if I want to shoot it in 3-Gun.

I have no gear belt, no holster, no mag holders, no shell caddies. How is that for "wet behind the ears"?

In any case, I am looking forward to getting into the USPSA sport first before I worry about 3-Gun.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Welcome to Boomer Shooter, and welcome to the USPSA sport addiction!

Jcawthon

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome! Hope to see you around, love seeing more people get into the sport and helping it grow. Post up any question you have about gear or rules. You should get a rule book in the mail if you've joined USPSA, that'll let you know what gear is legal in your division(Sounds like you were thinking Production). Good luck!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Welcome! I see you signed up here and on Enos about the same time. You'll find more activity on Enos but more honesty here. Come down to okc and shoot with us.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Jesse Tischauser said:
Welcome! I see you signed up here and on Enos about the same time. You'll find more activity on Enos but more honesty here. Come down to okc and shoot with us.
Enos? Never heard of her.

Welcome to the Nation's Premier Firearm, Competition and Tactical Training Community, honorablehojutsu

posted via Tapatalk

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Welcome. Don't get crazy with all the different types of gear right from the start. Go to a few matches and make some friends and inquire about what others are using and ask for quick demos with stuff like shotgun caddies especially since there's such a variety of them on the market.

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome! Listen to Rigsby about the gear. Shoot a few matches before you buy anything. It sounds like you are interested in Production for USPSA where you can be competitive with almost any 9mm pistol that runs reliably. I used my back pockets for mag pouches my first few time out and watched others before I bought anything. I'll be in Fort Riley for a few months this fall... let me know where the matches are at when I get there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts