A quick Geek question.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I have AT&T DSL.
It comes & goes. I have called AT&T for the last time.

Question: Why when the I-Net connection goes, off, does Rebooting the PC reconnect it.
Not instantly every time but this is what it takes to reconnect.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Sounds like you might have a router/switch/network card/cable issue. Like your router is dropping your computer off the network. When you reboot, your computer reconnects to the router.

I am not a network genius, but you might try (assuming Windows) while you have internet, go to start, type in CMD. In the black box, type ipconfig. Take a screenshot or notes. The next time your network goes out, do the same and compare.

Or maybe Bill Gates just don't like you.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Sounds like you might have a router/switch/network card/cable issue. Like your router is dropping your computer off the network. When you reboot, your computer reconnects to the router.

I am not a network genius, but you might try (assuming Windows) while you have internet, go to start, type in CMD. In the black box, type ipconfig. Take a screenshot or notes. The next time your network goes out, do the same and compare.

OK took a screen shot. What am I looking for?

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic

I doubt he'd like any of us :)

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
OK took a screen shot. What am I looking for?
Look for differences from when you have internet and don't. "media is disconnected" usually means a network wire is unplugged or bad. Are you wired or wireless?

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Are you wired or wireless?
Wired & that's the reason why AT&T wants us to leave POTS.
Since Y2K AT&T has not ordered a new or refurbished D-SLAM for our terminal.
The techs I talk to, tell me that AT&T is just patching with their DSL, only 3 POTS tech for 3 counties down from 30 in 2010.

My switch is 1 year old it's an AT&T switch.

How it happens.
I'll be typing this word, & when I issue a command there's no response.
Lower left screen show's no internet & in a minute or two the Switches Broadband light goes Red.

I've looked under every rock I can find, now I just need some new rocks to turn over.

My choices stay with AT&T DSL 2.5 stars or go to the old Cable service with a 1.5 star rating.

IT'S DRIVING ME!

Go Crazy Wtf GIF

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I would try a new network cable and plug into another port on the switch. Beyond that, hard to say without seeing it.