A nice 'lil sub-compact semi

White Kid

The American Reaper
This post kinda' goes in regards with my "What is a good semi that's around $800".
But I'm kinda looking for a nice sub-compact semi.
I'm doing this so when I'm able to start carrying I can already had the gun and not search for one.
I'm kinda looking into something like the XDs, XDM 3.8 sub-compact, Walther PPS, etc.
Anything but a Glock, don't get me wrong they're good guns but they're really nothing special to me.
I do like the Kahr's in 45 but the texturing on the grip is like taking a knife and slicing it across your fingers, and that's just holding it!
I wish they made their .45's in a steel model of all their sizes.
I'm already probably gonna get something like a Ruger SP101 in 357 with the 2.25 inch barrel, hammerless as a "BUG" gun (Shoulder rig).
But as a primary, I don't know what I really want, I can carry a full size 1911 if I wanted but something lighter and smaller would probably be better.
So if anyone knows of anything good out there that's high quality like a Sig, XDM, CZ, etc., let me know please!

White Kid

The American Reaper
Jesse Tischauser said:
How many years until you are 21?
5, yeah it's kinda a while but time flies by though while you're having fun. Besides, it's better to have everything I need to be ready than to not have everything I need and not be ready, right?

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Zander Pharr said:
5, yeah it's kinda a while but time flies by though while you're having fun. Besides, it's better to have everything I need to be ready than to not have everything I need and not be ready, right?

You realize in the big picture.... what we have today will be about what we have tomorrow.

Spend your money on skills development.... training. Gear and guns come and go.

White Kid

The American Reaper
Jeff said:
You realize in the big picture.... what we have today will be about what we have tomorrow.

Spend your money on skills development.... training. Gear and guns come and go.
Yeah, true. Things will come and go, and besides, who knows what there will be in five year?
I do practice a ton for carry, usually go to the range every weekend if weather here ain't gonna' go bipolar on us. Plus, as soon as I get out of high school I'm going to be joining the Army so that'll add that much more onto skills.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Mitch Gibson said:
No it won't.
No doubt that army is great for discipline which this guy needed but nowadays I shoot more in a week than I did in the 9 years I spent in the Army National Guard. I'm sure Rangers shoot a little more than National Guard truck drivers though.

What you should do is come up to USSA for a 3 Gun Nation Pro Series match. You can watch and meet Aaron Reed who was a SEAL, Mike Cassidy who was a Ranger Sniper, Joel Turner who is in the AMU and is a Ranger and then there is the AMU's Daniel Horner and Tyler Payne. These guys are some dudes to look up to!

White Kid

The American Reaper
Mitch Gibson said:
No it won't.

And the Walther PPS is a GREAT gun, but the mag release is retarded. Like, Timmy-retarded. Timmaayyy!
Well the mag release ain't a big deal, I actually like it. It's pretty much the European style mag release.

White Kid

The American Reaper
Matt Rigsby said:
Take TDSA classes before the Army. You'll be much better off.
I'm planning on taking that class hopefully this summer or next, I just gotta lot of stuff I'mma be doing so I ain't sure if I'll get around to it. But hopefully soon.

White Kid

The American Reaper
Jesse Tischauser said:
No doubt that army is great for discipline which this guy needed but nowadays I shoot more in a week than I did in the 9 years I spent in the Army National Guard. I'm sure Rangers shoot a little more than National Guard truck drivers though.

What you should do is come up to USSA for a 3 Gun Nation Pro Series match. You can watch and meet Aaron Reed who was a SEAL, Mike Cassidy who was a Ranger Sniper, Joel Turner who is in the AMU and is a Ranger and then there is the AMU's Daniel Horner and Tyler Payne. These guys are some dudes to look up to!
Well when there's a match coming up and if you're gonna go, just hit me up and I could see what I could do. First time I go I might just watch since I haven't done much rifle shooting in a while, besides, I don't even have an AR. I'll probably be getting one for this coming Christmas or earlier if I can get a job.
But with the military though, I understand that they ain't going to teach concealed carry and all that but what I'm going for though is join the Army, do jump school, weapons sergeant classes, etc. go into Rangers, then hopefully if I'm good enough I can be picked up by Delta.
Hopefully I have the same traits as my dad does since we was picked up by Delta like 7 times or so, but he didn't want to do it and all he did was work with ammo and explosives, mortar stuff, jump school, and some other stuff that I can't recall.

45recoil

likes to party
The $800 you wanted to spend on a good 'semi' could pay for class, pay for hotel, gas , food and youd get way more out of it than adding another gun to the collection. It is one weekend that will teach you the correct way to shoot.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
You're still young and dumb (not being mean here. In time you'll know what I mean) so take the advice of those who have gone the route of "must have new toys!!" to "wish I would've spent my money on proper classes first"

I'm 32 and just recently realized what will benefit me more.

The Antichrome

My next 'compact' gun will be a Rock Island compact 1911, or a Canik Stingray-C.
Why? They're cheap.
The R.I. in 9mm is touted by Seeklander and I want to see if its worthy of the hype.
The Canik is a copy of the CZ, I'd like to try to tear it up. They get good reviews from people who dont do reviews.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Zander Pharr said:
Well when there's a match coming up and if you're gonna go, just hit me up and I could see what I could do. First time I go I might just watch since I haven't done much rifle shooting in a while, besides, I don't even have an AR. I'll probably be getting one for this coming Christmas or earlier if I can get a job.
But with the military though, I understand that they ain't going to teach concealed carry and all that but what I'm going for though is join the Army, do jump school, weapons sergeant classes, etc. go into Rangers, then hopefully if I'm good enough I can be picked up by Delta.
Hopefully I have the same traits as my dad does since we was picked up by Delta like 7 times or so, but he didn't want to do it and all he did was work with ammo and explosives, mortar stuff, jump school, and some other stuff that I can't recall.
Here is the schedule. Come watch.

http://3gunnation.com/pro_series/schedule

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
Buddy of mine was in the Army, he was infantry and a sniper team leader. Outside of Sniper School he had more sensitivity training than weapons training. He did however take two TDSA classes before he joined and wouldn't trade what he learned there for anything.

mikey80

Negative Approach
Mitch Gibson said:
No it won't.
I don't know what "Army" you're talking about, but every single skill set I learned serving in the 10th MTN Division directly applies to everything I do in USPSA and SCSA. Maybe I retained more than others? But seriously, it's kinda hard for me not to say I wouldn't break my foot off in your ass!

On a lighter note, get with me on those holsters!

P.S. Like very good soldier, I never stop learning. I'm going to TDSA in April.

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't know about the army, I was never in the service. However, my best friend was in the Marines. To this day he can pick up an open sighted ar15 and shoot your ass off with it at whatever range you want to play at. Pisses me off. I think they rewire those guys or something.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Latest posts