A Great Review of the Keeper AIWB holster

Prdator

Keepers Concealment
Guys

Check out the review of my "Keeper" AIWB holster

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/the-keeper-appendix-carry-holster

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
It might just be me but $158 seems really expensive for a holster.

Buy many holsters? Anybody with a toaster oven and a piano hinge can make a press and rivet up a pancake kydex holster. Spencer's rig works and has enough retention for serious carry. The key is " are people willing" to pay $158. If they are and if they are happy with what they have- it's not too much.

I have had David E (KYTAC) make a couple of holsters for me. If you look at his online catalog his stuff is $100 a unit more or less. The work ... and that's worth the money to me. Heaven help us if we get started on leather stuff....
"

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Buy many holsters? Anybody with a toaster oven and a piano hinge can make a press and rivet up a pancake kydex holster. Spencer's rig works and has enough retention for serious carry. The key is " are people willing" to pay $158. If they are and if they are happy with what they have- it's not too much.

I have had David E (KYTAC) make a couple of holsters for me. If you look at his online catalog his stuff is $100 a unit more or less. The work ... and that's worth the money to me. Heaven help us if we get started on leather stuff....
"

I guess in part its the price of living going up... or maybe its because I am always broke anyway and therefore cheap. I get paying for quality gear. I just dont see over paying for something even if its the best on the market. For instance if I build something that cost me .10 to make(Including overhead) I shouldn't sell it for $100

Anyway sorry for going off topic, It does look like a decent holster, I probably shouldn't have even commented here being I am about 100lbs from comfortably wearing anything AIWB

TroyF

TheBearcat
I guess in part its the price of living going up... or maybe its because I am always broke anyway and therefore cheap. I get paying for quality gear. I just dont see over paying for something even if its the best on the market. For instance if I build something that cost me .10 to make(Including overhead) I shouldn't sell it for $100

Anyway sorry for going off topic, It does look like a decent holster, I probably shouldn't have even commented here being I am about 100lbs from comfortably wearing anything AIWB

That last line is really the selling point of that holster. Spencer isn't a small dude, and he made a holster that would work for him. He found a niche and ran with it. The cost of the holster isn't really about the material, it's about the time he puts into them. He makes each one by hand. Same with me, same with David E. I'm sure we each have our own little jigs to speed things up a little, and I mean very little, but a lot of work goes into holsters.
I use Spencer's holster from time to time. It's pretty nifty.

aeropb

Well-Known Fanatic
Like Troy said, the amazing part is that it seems to fit anyone. Spencer is a big dude and he draws from concealment faster than most people do from a DOH. But I don't have one either. Maybe when I get a job, I'm a terrible bum.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
It would probably make all the difference if I were to try one. I won't write it off till then.

Hitokiri03

Well-Known Fanatic
Looks like a very interesting concept. I would love to try one of these on to see how the wedge changes the feel of AIWB.

dcm79

Active Fanatic
Please help, does anyone know how I can contact Spencer, or buy/order one of these holsters for a Glock19??

I've tried every email I can find for him without any luck, as well as PM through here and social media also with zero luck.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Cheers all,

David

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
*Revive an old thread*. I am test driving one of Spencer's holsters right now and let's just say, for the first time in my life I am considering dropping $170 on a holster....Full review to come later

20150901_114728-1_zps6jmofeg0.jpg

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
There is a guy who made grand master last year running The Keeper from concealment.

I wish he took custom orders, I'd have one for my gun.

Latest posts