A Fan from California

jgcrossman2

New Fanatic
Checked in from time to time as a visitor. Now that Coronavirus as given us all some time to sit at home, thought I would formally join up.

Despite living in California with its rules, I have been able to dip a toe into the world of shooting.

I have participated a bit with Cowboy Action Shooting and plan join some Wild Bunch matches once I get more comfortable with the 1911 platform.

As a lefty, I have added an ambi safety. I have also put in a flat mainspring housing (both thanks to excellent YouTube videos). Otherwise, it's a standard Springfield 1911A1. No problems with the gun. Probably have close to a thousand rounds through it at the range.

Attachments

• 1911a1.jpg
    1911a1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5

Nikrnic

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from Michigan. I know gun and ammo sales are booming everywhere, i heard a mention today of a shop in Reseda (San Fernando valley) where people were lined up to purchase guns and ammo, same here in MI but it made me laugh, I used to live in Reseda and bought my first Colt 1911, A Combat Government their in 1982 for $435..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

jgcrossman2

New Fanatic
Actually, an amusing CA story I heard was from my local range/gun shop. They were swamped (until they were told to close on Tuesday). But in the final days (last weekend), every one and their cousin tried to buy a gun. The same people who voted for all the restrictions over the last few years were shocked...yes, shocked, to discover that they had to wait 10 days to get their hands on their newly purchased gun. The guy who told the story said that there was not a shred of self awareness from the one guy yelling at him and that it took all his strength not to explode with laughter.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation

Latest posts