A Different way to carry 550 cord

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't mean to steal this guys thunder, or idea, and certainly not business since I wouldn't make it to sell, but I thought I might share this ad I found on craigslist. It's a pretty innovative way to have several feet of 550 cord on you at all times. I assume this guy is here in Tulsa, but it doesn't say.
Army Survival Bracelets

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
Another thing I found today on the big bay-550 paracord belts. I know most of the stuff I post isn't very interesting, but it's mainly just ideas for people that might like these ideas. If you can braid, you can probably do this yourself.
550 Paracord Belt(ebay)

ETA: Found this site too, for making your own belt.
Paracord Belt, make your own.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I need a good bipod deployment device made out of 550 cord. Any suggetions on where to get one?

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
No idea Jesse, or exactly what it would be/look like, but if you give me some more info to go on, I'll let you know if I see anything like it.

jtischauser

I just need a piece of braided cord thats long enough to stretch between the kegs if my Harris when fully extended. I will simply tie the ends of the cord to the legs and pull in it TI set the bipod off.

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
I have one in desert tan and black. I also have SEVERAL monkey fist lanyards in safety orange, foliage, black, tan, etc. They're pretty good in theory, I've never had to use them for anything more than lanyards and fashion accessories though.

A guy here on Tinker made the stuff up for me, so I could probably get him to make other stuff as well, i.e. the bipod deal.

jtischauser

I have one in desert tan and black. I also have SEVERAL monkey fist lanyards in safety orange, foliage, black, tan, etc. They're pretty good in theory, I've never had to use them for anything more than lanyards and fashion accessories though.

A guy here on Tinker made the stuff up for me, so I could probably get him to make other stuff as well, i.e. the bipod deal.

Hook me up please!

OK Bowhunter

Well-Known Fanatic
There are alot of post on the net showing how to make them yourself. I made an orange handle for my medical kit to make it easy to see and get out of my backpack.

jtischauser

There are alot of post on the net showing how to make them yourself. I made an orange handle for my medical kit to make it easy to see and get out of my backpack.

Im sure it's super easy once you know how to do it. I don't have the time to learn anything I'm too busy posting in forums;)

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Here's another way, though this is more of a SHTF way to have it available. I did a few of these for Christmas gifts last year:

EagleScout

Well-Known Fanatic
I can also help anyone that wants learn.

I make:

Bracelts
Dog Leashes
Dog Collars
Lanyard neck badge holders with safty disconnects
Gun Slings either
Slatts (about 80 feet of paracord that can undone very fast)
Double solomon knot (pretty two color patterns but harder to undo)
Braid Cord

Just about anything you can think of you need we all can probably figure it out.

This is pretty good site to see the type of fusion knotting that can be done.

http://www.fusionknots.com/http://www.fusionknots.com/

Here is some of the work I have done.

Paracord Pictures

[email protected]

Well-Known Fanatic
The best selection of paracord I have found in town is CJs in Bethany. They have just about every color you can think of. Prices are a little high but not terrible.
I picked up a couple hundred feet. I'm going to have my daughters watch some youtube videos on how to make a paracord belt, then have them do it. I will just tell them it's arts and crafts.

AirMech74

Well-Known Fanatic
I make paracord survival bracelets...one of my bracelets contains about 18' of cord, and the shackle is rated at 800lbs I believe.

2011-05-13214558.jpg

Latest posts