A blast from the past......looked for one of these for over ten years.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Spent over seven months in the Desert almost thirty years ago.

Wanted one of these Glock Commerative editions when I got back. But, simply couldn't afford one. Was getting divorced and movingand simply didnt make enogh cash to afford to buy one. When I was able to afford one, I looked for one for about twelve years. Finally found one listed on TOS, bought it in an instant. It is a slightly used model, but I doubt it has more than a few hundred rounds fired. I've had it for over ten years, still havent fired it.

It is just a Glock,.....but it is my favorite.

8BCCCDCF-BAC9-46A5-8255-7F797908AD36.jpeg

cor_man257

Fanatic
I had a friend with a 19 Gen 2, but at some point he sent it back to Glock and wound up with a Gen 3 in return. I liked the lack of finger groove.

That's a long hunt to get it. Plan to shoot it?

-Cory

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
Very cool. Extreme congrats on your score. I know the feeling.

I remember my search for my Grail gun. I bought a Colt Series 70 .38 Super for myself on my 21st birthday (1976). I lived in Miami a few years later in cheap apartment housing.

In 1982 I got broken into and it got stolen. Couldn't afford a replacement at the time and when I was making decent money their price was through the roof.

I looked continuously for one that I could afford (less than $1K). In 2012 I found a 1974 Rodeo Queen Series 70 for $800. As fate would have it, six months later I found a Safe Queen 1976 Series 70 for $900 off Armslist of all places (first and last gun I have ever bought off Armslist).

30 years from start to finish.

Twins Colt .38 Super-001.JPG

Twins Colt .38 Super-002.JPG

Twins Colt .38 Super-003.JPG

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a friend with a 19 Gen 2, but at some point he sent it back to Glock and wound up with a Gen 3 in return. I liked the lack of finger groove.

That's a long hunt to get it. Plan to shoot it?

-Cory

I dnt really havent considered this a grail gun, but I guess it does does fit the description. Going to be one that the Daughter gets. She was 9mos when i left, just starting to walk. Was 16mos and jabbering when I got back. I just might shoot it some day.

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
I dnt really havent considered this a grail gun, but I guess it does does fit the description. Going to be one that the Daughter gets. She was 9mos when i left, just starting to walk. Was 16mos and jabbering when I got back. I just might shoot it some day.

That fits my description for a grail gun for sho . . . .

It's about the connections, not the value . . .