9mm Shootout!

SLAM37

Well-Known Fanatic
Had fun with my daughter at the range this evening. She is starting to outshoot me at times -- which is cool.

7 yards -- best offhand group you can shoot with 5 rounds.

She was on the Glock 19 and I was tired of shooting plastic, so I brought out some classy wood and steel -- a nice Hi Power. Might hand this one over to David Clevinger when my number comes up ... could use some trigger work for sure.

Garrett Opolko

Fanatic
Had fun with my daughter at the range this evening. She is starting to outshoot me at times -- which is cool.

7 yards -- best offhand group you can shoot with 5 rounds.

She was on the Glock 19 and I was tired of shooting plastic, so I brought out some classy wood and steel -- a nice Hi Power. Might hand this one over to David Clevinger when my number comes up ... could use some trigger work for sure.

Garrett Opolko

Fanatic
I absolutely love mine, bought it in 1989.Great gun, I've been thinking of have it worked on but not sure who to send it to.

WC145

Well-Known Fanatic
Good on you for taking your daughter out shooting. David Clevinger does great work but before you send your HP out, has the magazine disconnect been removed? That thing ruins the triggeron those guns. I've removed it from a couple of guns and the transformation is shocking, it's like an instant trigger job.

Nikrnic

Well-Known Fanatic
I've had my hi power for a few years now, it's a 72C series. After putting it off for awhile I just dropped it off today to Doug Jones (Accurail) for a trigger job.

Attachments

• 20180213_082927.jpg
    20180213_082927.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 7

zb338

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Hi-Power that has never really had a trigger job. I did remove the mag' disconnect.
I have only felt one Browning Hi-Power in my life that had a superb trigger. I don't know who
the 'smith was. I'm going trap shooting tonight with my oldest Son who runs the operation
and my Granddaughter who is right on the cusp of beating me most of the time. It will be a
nice time spent.
Zeke

SLAM37

Well-Known Fanatic
Good on you for taking your daughter out shooting. David Clevinger does great work but before you send your HP out, has the magazine disconnect been removed? That thing ruins the trigger on those guns. I've removed it from a couple of guns and the transformation is shocking, it's like an instant trigger job.

Thank you for that thought. I looked at removing it, but upon inspection, the retainer pin on the trigger is staked in. This is a 2000's build and I guess they started to stake them sometime recently. I have a C-series that I removed the disconnect on, but its retainer pin was not staked to the trigger. As you described, it improved things greatly on the C-series.

I figure I could overcome the staking without much issue, but I thought I would let a professional remove it, and of course, while he is at it maybe put on a nice set of Novak's, crown the barrel, put a no-bite hammer set-up on, stipple the front strap, Spegel grips and, ... well, you get the point.

Latest posts