9mm bayou Bullets

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
How well will this load work with a stock recoil spring?

Does anyone have a good recipe using 135's and WST?
I've shot 125s and 147s in my M&P 9Pro with the stock spring with no issues.

I opened up my spreadsheet and I'm going to guess you are going to be somewhere around 3.7 to 3.9 grains of WST, but I have no idea what OAL with your bullet so work up from low. Real low!

I load:

J&K 125RN with 4.4 grains @ 1.145
and
J&K 147 TC with 3.5 @ 1.110

Edit: Both of these put me at about 135PF in my gun.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
If you start with data for the 147 gr bullet you will be fine. Of course you will have to chrony to see where you need to adjust.

Not trying to make major I always try a 1.135 COAL. Gives plenty of space in a Glock mag and then I can go out or in from there if it seems accuracy, vel, recoil impulse is not to my liking. With most bullets you wont be pushing pressures due to restricting case capacity. I think which means I am not looking that most 9x19 loads list a 1.1ish to 1.25 COAL. So you should be safe. Of course your vel can be down. I have found about 10-15 fps difference in a .1(read as point one if you don't see the dot) gr of powder and the same with a .1 in COAL difference for the 9x19 (at least for the powders I have used).

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
How well will this load work with a stock recoil spring?
I've shot 125s and 147s in my M&P 9Pro with the stock spring with no issues.

I had a few stovepipes with the stock recoil spring using that load.
As Scott's did, your results may vary.

However, I've not had any problems with this load & the 13lb spring

Firemanama

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a few stovepipes with the stock recoil spring using that load.
As Scott's did, your results may vary.

However, I've not had any problems with this load & the 13lb spring

Ok I will get a 13lb. Spring do u recommend ismi spring? Should I replace my guide rod also? If so which one?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
ISMI Springs are the ticket.

M&P pro comes with a SS guide rod already, no need to replace.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Tony, are you running the 9Pro? I've heard that they are sometimes real touchy getting back into battery with a 13lb. Haven't heard that about the regular M&Ps and I've haven't been paying attention lately either since I started playing in revo. Just curious..

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Cool. I've got to be close to 7000 rounds on mine, so it's about time for a new one.

Maybe I could ninja rack it with a 13lb.! :D

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Tony, are you running the 9Pro? I've heard that they are sometimes real touchy getting back into battery with a 13lb. Haven't heard that about the regular M&Ps and I've haven't been paying attention lately either since I started playing in revo. Just curious..

Scott, I'm running the 9pro & like Troy have not had any problems with the 13lb spring.
Last may I used this setup for TDSA's ACP1 class & shot somewhere close to 2000 rnds that weekend.
There's no telling how many since then.
The only problem I've had was a squib & that's all me, nothing to do with the gun.

Brandon, Yes I stock the ISMI springs

bboswell

Well-Known Fanatic
If your looking to keep the cost down then go with the 115's or 124's. If you looking for a really soft shooting round for competition, try the 160's. I tested both the 147 and 160 and the 160 is like shooting a .22. My production load is the 160 with titegroup and I use so little titegroup to get it to minor PF that I can get 2500 rounds out of 1 pound.

Click my video link in my sig line and you can watch how soft my glock 34 shoots. Every video (except the rimfire steel challenge) is that load through that gun.

I have never shot any of the 160's, so this may be a newbie question, but at what point does POA and POI diverge enough to require compensating? Or is it insignificant at most IDPA/USPSA distances? I keep hearing good things about the Bayou Bullets so was going to order some developmental quantities. As you said, in your videos little recoil, but that could also be due to your superior skills and strength. Rather than work to improve those factors in my game, I would rather look for a technological advantage. Magic pill over actual effort and work to improve my skills until that is the only option would better describe my mantra.

Airic

I shoot.
I never experienced any POA/POI problems out to 30 yards. Shot good groups at 25 off hand in my G34.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Only reason I'd say not to shoot Bayou Bullets through your Glock barrel is if he was running low and I needed some! that's the only bullet that has gone down the G24 barrel and unless something really strange happens probably the only bullet. I'll be ordering some 147 9mm unless it finds a new home this weekend I hope I hope! damn thing has taken my shooting mojo. Later,

Kirk

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Good deal.

And Kirk, don't worry about me ordering up yours... unlike all the big wig shooters here, I won't be like "oh, I think I might order 10k this month." LOL! I'm just thinking about ordering 500-1000 to try. I might split between 125gr and 147gr. And that should last me a while.

Latest posts