Sold/Expired $99 AR Barrel

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
i found a new to me source for cheap AR barrels. they dont seem to be anything special with no chrome lining and the finish is fairly thin but hopefully will go nice in my wifes super cheap build/ or work as a truck gun for some. once the loki uppers are here i will post back on their accuracy

the first website seems to be $10 cheaper but they are the same mfg.

www.shop.ar15hardware.com/Citadel-Barrels_c4.htm

www.zombiebarrels.com/

one last thing, their shipping is slow unless you ask for a tracking #

Podman

Well-Known Fanatic
Sportsmans Guide has AR15 barrels for $89 if you have their club membership and $99 without membership I think. I have used them
and they are ok. Nothing fancy about them but they work.

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
I ordered one of the mid-gas light profile 16" for an all polymer build I am playing with. I'll give you guys a review if you want but it might take a while. Let me know

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
I had no problem with shipping. Mine should be at the house Wednesday and I ordered it Friday, a good turnaround in my opinion.

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, I got the barrel today BUT it is somebody else's barrel. I ordered a lightweight profile barrel with midlength gas and got an M4 barrel. Wonder how painful this is going to be. I am 99% sure I will just use it instead but I would have appreciated if they HAD sent the correct one. Also the barrel has NO markings on it at all. First one I have seen with no markings. Left a voice mail at the company will see if they get back to me.

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah. I finally got the return postage slip from them but it took 2 tries. It will be going back Monday. I will see how long it will take to get the right barrel. I would have kept the M4 barrel but it had the worst burring in the bore around the gas port that I have EVER seen. I am hoping that the next barrel will be better. At this point though I would recommend saving a little more and just buying from a known source. I am continuing this purely as an experiment.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, I am interested in how this turns out for you and how it performs.

Podman

Well-Known Fanatic
For what's it worth I built two AR-15's with the Sportsman Guide carbine barrels and they worked out fine. When I get a chance and get back to the range I
will try and save a few of the targets and post them. I have a scope ordered and have iron sights and a red dot and will try all of them. :bravo_2:

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
Well to bring back an old thread. I have finally got the parts together for my low budget,lightweight, all polymer build. Is anyone interested in the build and the results?
I finally got the barrel that I ordered and it looks much better than the first one I received.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a problem with my first barrel as well. When I went to put everything together the original barrel had a bad barrel extension. After 2 tries to get a return slip, just like 3gungeezer, I finally got a return slip and a new barrel. The second barrel looked much nicer than the first as far as the finish goes and the barrel extension on this one is GTG. I didn't snap a pic but for a range report it shot ok. after sigthing it in I did 50 yard targets and could keep 30 rounds in about a 4" group. That of course was far from a scientific test as I was shooting supported but not on a led sled or anything and I am far from a great rifle shot.

The shots did seem to group well for what work I put into checking it out but if you are planning on making this a champion shooter this barrel is not for you. If your intentions are like mine as a cheap build or the wifes AR I say go for it.

Also almost forgot but needs mentioning this build lets the spent casings shoot out a little soft. I don't know yet if my gas block is a little off or maybe the gas hole is slightly undersized. It did eject everything but def didn't let em fly like my BCM

Podman

Well-Known Fanatic
Surplus Arms and Ammo has ar-15 barrels for sale starting at $95 dollars. Sale prices good until Tuesday July 10.

Latest posts