9 mm carbine

bulletman

Well-Known Fanatic
What would a good sight be for a 9 mm carbine? Like a fast fire or cmore. Or think a Burris 1-4 would be better? Never had a carbine before. Are they 50 yard guns or 100 yard guns? Think 115/124 will be better then the 147 for the drop?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Same as Matt, I run an eotech on mine. I never use past 100. Mostly inside a bay so less than 50.

bulletman

Well-Known Fanatic
I was thinking of the Burris 1-4 that comes with the fast fire. Do you think that would be OK. Or would I be better fit with a 8 MOA cmore. It'll be all pistol Bay type stuff here. Do the normal 130 PF loads work or do I need to load hotter for the carbine. I'm thinking of ordering the jp 9mm carbine on Monday. I just ordered 4 mags for it today.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I use minor power factor loads in mine, they run great. I also rub subsonic loads with my suppressor, they also run fine.

bulletman

Well-Known Fanatic
Awesome. I think I'll order the jp on Monday. Think a 8 MOA cmore will he fine for 50 and less pistol Bay stuff? I can always put a 2 MOA diode in it later if that's to big..

Fyrtwuck

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been using a Beretta CX4 with 147 grain jacketed reloads. It also works well with 115 and 124 grain bullets.

Jm_obrien

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm thinking of doing the same for PCC but was unsure if barrel length affected it's range much. To the guys that are shooting out to 100, how much drop are you experiencing? I'm trying to figure out how the guys are shooting the long distance targets in 3 gun

bulletman

Well-Known Fanatic
I really like the 4moa cmore. I put guga ribas c-more scope shade on it. This thing is a hoot to shoot. Greg Tinney saved me 10% with a code from them. I put the magpul acs stock on it. I like it better then the T7 deal it comes with. I filled 2 4" pipe nipples with lead and stuck down the battery tubes to add weight. It shoots really soft and the trigger is really nice. I don't like the long vertical grip. The stubby was expensive so I cut a $20 magpul short and angled it for the heck of it. Looks better then the long one I think. I have arthritis and I can grip this better then the tube.

jhenke

Well-Known Fanatic
I would love to build a rifle for PCC, but living in NY, I would have to ugly it up with a Thorsden stock. It is at least functional, but to me, the length of pull is way too long, especially shooting in bays.

Good luck with your rifle.

I'm jealous of you guys living in free America.

Latest posts