80% lowers and what else?

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
What all is the aft wanting to classify as a firearm? I know its 80%lowers but there are apparently some other components, what are they?

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
They are all lit up about AR/AK "Pistols" braces, they figure if you shoulder one it's a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR) and we are not paying "Tax Stamp" and registering it, so now they are coming after them. Braces are one of the items they are attacking. And that's after a while back the ATF stated "meh, you can shoulder it, but don't make it a habit..." kinda bs. Braces were shoe horned in by some makers as a way for people with disabilities (VETS) to enjoy shooting sports and home defense with rifle calibers, but now they are saying "it is almost impossible for a one-armed person to hold a AR pistol with 10.5 inch barrel, a red dot and an arm brace that really doesn't hold it to your arm" blah...blah...and other things, but the pistol brace thing hits home for me.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
They are all lit up about AR/AK "Pistols" braces, they figure if you shoulder one it's a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR) and we are not paying "Tax Stamp" and registering it, so now they are coming after them. Braces are one of the items they are attacking. And that's after a while back the ATF stated "meh, you can shoulder it, but don't make it a habit..." kinda bs. Braces were shoe horned in by some makers as a way for people with disabilities (VETS) to enjoy shooting sports and home defense with rifle calibers, but now they are saying "it is almost impossible for a one-armed person to hold a AR pistol with 10.5 inch barrel, a red dot and an arm brace that really doesn't hold it to your arm" blah...blah...and other things, but the pistol brace thing hits home for me.
Any gun laws except for one are illegal and invalid. The only legitimate one is;

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
They want to label almost every piece of a gun, any gun, a firearm that must be serialized. Including bolts, triggers, barrels, grips, lowers, uppers, frames, etc, pretty much every piece except shrouds (you know the shoulder thing that goes up:)) and grips.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I was toying with the idea of ordering a 80% lower for a Glock I never shoot..as an experiment.
Read on a local gun forum that my state (Mi.) requires a serial # to be created on an 80% lower.. and
if it's a pistol, it still has to be "registered"... thought that was the attraction to an 80%lower, not needing to register it, if you "built" it...

A guy I see @ the outdoor range has a do-it-yourself Glock..(polymer framed 80% pistol.
I noticed he seems to be spending more time fiddling with it than he's shooting it.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
The way I'm looking at it is screw the gubmint! They impose unconstitutional laws we are not required to follow them, correct?!
This country was founded on home builders making firearms! Our founding citizens didn't all get their firearms from big manufacturers. You did your own repairs and gunsmithing for the most part. How many father & son entities made their own designs? How many home tinkerers made their own designs?

All I'm going to say now is I have lots of different materials and I mean lots, and……I'm a 25 year journeyman machinist/mold maker and I've made parts for the aerospace, military, shipping, automotive and telecommunications industries! I'm damn good at what I do and I have access to a ton of useful info, both historic and modern, machines and materials.
I reverse engineer crap every day way more difficult than any firearm.

I don't need 80% anything and no one can take my skills away!

Last edited:

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Had anyone seen this crap letter from the ATF about the Rare Breed trigger being a machine gun? It's quite the unique trigger system and a guy I work with just bought two a few weeks ago, I had never heard of it until he told me about it. Then right after he gets his, this letter from the ATF comes out but it looks like the company has been expecting it and was already prepared! This is the bull crap that needs to end. Banish and disband the ATF

C282B612-60FF-4C1D-9933-6E6F8EEC14AD.jpeg4A1226DB-80B3-4D0E-80AE-C3A79509E10D.jpegB5952B52-1CFC-49E5-B754-B59CEE972A25.jpeg

pistolgrips

Well-Known Fanatic
Trolling. Or Not.
For those with legitimate concerns or questions:
www.federalregister.gov
Make a respectful, concise comment on both the "pistol brace" and "80%" proposed rule changes. These comments close in a few days. Do it today. Follow the links on that page till you get to the (two separate) correct comment section(s). You'll figure it out.

For those that just want to run your mouths on gun forums: This is the way your government takes full advantage of your complacency.

13Ghosts

Fanatic
I will forever find it "amusing" that the anti gun pundits think the "criminals" will comply with any of these new regulations!! So it does make one wonder what their actual end game is.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Trolling. Or Not.
For those with legitimate concerns or questions:
www.federalregister.gov
Make a respectful, concise comment on both the "pistol brace" and "80%" proposed rule changes. These comments close in a few days. Do it today. Follow the links on that page till you get to the (two separate) correct comment section(s). You'll figure it out.

For those that just want to run your mouths on gun forums: This is the way your government takes full advantage of your complacency.

1000% agree buddy and I did a while back and once they register your comments on record they send you an email!!
Here's my confirmation emails!

D35CC25B-5E24-4D6B-B1E9-54C11C3BEA17.jpeg8351B6FF-ADDC-4FC1-BFB9-DFFDA12AD24C.jpeg
If you haven't gotten an email they did not post your comments because of various reasons. Like @pistolgrips said be respectful or they ignore your comments. A lot of organizations have form letters you could have sent in as your response that are just as effective it not even more effective than a hostile reply.

Last edited:

Latest posts