.45ACP SWC

dennishoddy

Bought 500, 200gr SWC from J&K.
Loaded them with 5.4 grains of Unique, and seated the bullets where the outside radius is flush with the case mouth.
Jamming fools.
A "guru" at the last match told me that I seated them too deep and need to keep the outside radius about .040 outside the case. I don't have an OAL as I'm too lazy to walk to the shop and measure.
I can see where the case mouth is contacting the loading ramp.
What is your personal load for a 200 gr SWC?

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Bought 500, 200gr SWC from J&K.
Loaded them with 5.4 grains of Unique, and seated the bullets where the outside radius is flush with the case mouth.
Jamming fools.
A "guru" at the last match told me that I seated them too deep and need to keep the outside radius about .040 outside the case. I don't have an OAL as I'm too lazy to walk to the shop and measure.
I can see where the case mouth is contacting the loading ramp.
What is your personal load for a 200 gr SWC?
Don't have one, because I have the same problem. Constant malfs. I did leave about .020 to maybe .030 of the bearing surface out of the case. Too bad those J&K 200 SWCs are just freaking lasers out of my TRP. I just wish they would run in my gun. His 230s run great and shoot plenty well enough, so that's what I'm running.

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
I run 4.8 grains of WST over a Winchester Large Pistol Primer in mixed brass for a 170 power factor in my 5" Kimbers. I'm at work, so I can't give you an OAL right now.

I use a Dillon Square Deal B for .45 ACP

Latest posts