45 Deg offset iron sights won zero

Hew Moon

Active Fanatic
Good afternoon;

I have recently added a set of 45 Deg offset iron sights to my 3 gun AR, but trying to zero at aprx. 15 yards (distance I would expect to use iron sights over scope) I can’t get the zero any closer than 10 inches low and 6 inches right.

I used iron sights for over 21 years in the army, is there a method to this process that i am missing?

ive got the front sight post as low as it will go, and rear sight turned up as far as it will go.

Using a JP Modular Hand Guard System, could the free floating design be the problem?

Thanks.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Is the picatinny rail on the tube on the same same plane as the receiver? Are the front sight and rear sight a matched set? And lastly, are you using cheap Chinese 45 degree offsets? Any of the three will cause a problem.

StealthESW

Well-Known Fanatic
The rail on the handgaurd could be slightly out of alignment with the upper receiver. That could cause the rear and forward site to be misaligned enough that changing the height of the sights will not correct for the POI. A picture of the upper receiver and forward gaurd from the top where the two meet could help to diagnose the issue.

Latest posts