.40 cal

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
Do you guys that load .40 use this on all your brass first? Or do you use the egw undersize die?

http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1326

G-Rx Push Thru Base Sizing Die

Removes the Glock Bulge!

$37.95

Redding G-Rx LogoThe new G-Rx Push Thru Base Sizing Die, from REDDING Reloading Equipment, is designed to restore fired cases from .40 S&W autoloading pistols that exhibit a bulge near the base. The G-Rx Die fully resizes the bulged area of the fired case back to within the accepted SAAMI specifications for case diameter. The case may then be resized in a standard sizing die for the remaining reloading process.

It's just what the doctor ordered to cure your bulged .40 S&W cases.

The REDDING G-Rx Push Thru Base Sizing Die set is comprised of a pusher rod which fits into the ram like a shell holder plus the unique push through sizing die with lock ring. To use, the case is set on top of the pusher. Then the ram is raised to push the case entirely through the die. The die has a rebated section at its top to hold the finished case so that it may be easily removed. With the REDDING G-Rx Die Set you can remove the bulge from literally hundreds of cases per hour preparing them for the reloading process.

The G-Rx Push Thru Base Sizing Die set includes:*G-Rx Close Up
â€" Base Sizing Die body (steel)
â€" Die Lock Ring
â€" Shellholder Pushrod
â€" Imperial Sizing Die Wax, 1/4oz - Included FREE!
* The Redding "Boss" reloading press, shown in photos, is not included.

The G-Rx die also works on 357 Sig Brass!
The 357 Sig has the same base dimensions and therefore the Redding G-Rx die for 40 S&W can act as a perfect base sizing die for this caliber as well.

Read reviews of the G-Rx Push Thru Base Sizing Die in:
Handloader; August 2010, Pistol Pointers, by Charles E. Petty, Pages 28-29 and 92. Click Here to Read
Front Sight; May/June 2009, Neil on Reloading, by Guy Neill, pages 60 and 62. Click Here to Read

"I immediately used it to size more than 200 cases of 40S&W brass with pregnant base ... WOW ... it works!!! it is a joy to use it knowing that I saved those pregnant brass from discarding them away. Thanks ... Ernie." â€" Ernie C. â€" Falls Church, VA

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
It works,

I only use it on my bulged cases though. They have a particular feel when they get re sized so I pull the case and throw it into a coffee can, when I have a hundred or so I run them through the GRx.

TroyF

TheBearcat
I've never used one. I just load as normal. Then I chamber check anything that is going to go thru my AISTI. If it won't chamber, it goes to my can for my G35. Its been rare that I've had any issues.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I use one. Whatever you do pony up the extra dollars and get the carbide one. Worth every cent.

I run everything through it, for the simple reason that I've totally stopped chamber checking because I've never had a single round not check good in my Dillon gage and I've never has a mis-feed in my Schumann AET barrel, if run through this die first.

Get the bottle attachment and use a 2 liter coke bottle with the bottom cut out. It holds about 300 rounds and it takes me about 15 minutes to fill it. They go pretty quick.

The Antichrome

I use an older, similar device called the .40 Gizmo. I have it set up on an old single stage press.
Its quick and easy and it works perfectly. I run every piece thru it.
You can really tell which brass has been Glocked.
I understand that EGW sells the Gizmo now.

G Law

Fanatic
I filed down my dillon die so it is flush with the carbide insert to get the most depth to the bottom of the case when resizing. I chamber check all of my match ammo and get maybe 2-3 per hundred that won't fit the gage and they go in the practice bin.

Rob1

Well-Known Fanatic
I do the same thing as Gary said only my sizing die is a Lee. Out of 4-500 rounds loaded I may get 2 or 3 with a bulded case when I case gauge the ammo.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
I do the same thing as Gary said only my sizing die is a Lee. Out of 4-500 rounds loaded I may get 2 or 3 with a bulded case when I case gauge the ammo.

I run this same setup with exactly the same results.

tul9033

Founding Member
I use the EGW Lee U die on .40 cases. Not a single feed issue out of ~3K through a Glock 22.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
anybody got a handfull of coated bullets in 147grn flat nose (bullets only...not loaded rounds) they can spare?
I want to give them a test drive for a new project.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Call Donnie at Bayou Bullets - he will send you out 10 or so to test.

http://www.bayoubullets.net/products.html

scooterj

Well-Known Fanatic
Call Donnie at Bayou Bullets - he will send you out 10 or so to test.

http://www.bayoubullets.net/products.html
This is true. If you tell him scooter sent you he might only send two or three :eek:

Donnie will help you out. E-mail him cause even if you call him, he'll tell you to send an e-mail so he doesn't forget.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
This is true. If you tell him scooter sent you he might only send two or three :eek:

Donnie will help you out. E-mail him cause even if you call him, he'll tell you to send an e-mail so he doesn't forget.
Thanks, I sent him an email & I believe he's going to help me out.

I still would like a sample of other brands of coated bullets if anyone has a handful they can spare.

I've got lead, plated and Bayou (on the way) bullets for the testing. I'd like some BBI, zero & any others you guys are shooting.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
BBI's are nice, but they are very busy. You pretty much have to order 2-3 cases and place another order when you make it through the first. I've waited as long as 8 weeks for bullets to arrive.

I ordered some of Donnie's bullets to try them out since BBI is so backed up woth orders.

Now back to the thread, sorry for the drift.

Latest posts