3Gun Club Match @ Central Kansas Gun Club in Hutchinson,Ks 3-17-13

1911-45

Well-Known Fanatic
Looks like it will be nice weather. We will be setting up 4 STAGES at 8:30 and have the north gate open. The Central Kansas Gun Club in Hutchinson will be hosting its monthly 3 Gun match (http://www.ckgc.org/tgs.html) on Sunday. Registration starts at 9:00 AM, with rounds down range starting at 10:00 AM. Plan to bring at least 100 pistol and 100 rifle rounds along with 100 birdshot and 10 slugs for the shotgun. $15.00 Match Fee. Last month we had a squad that fell well behind pace. We do not want this to happen again. I notice no one resetting and the biggest problem was allot of "New" shooters who did not know how to manipulate their firearms. I support all shooting sports and encourage people to play but I can not have people doing it for the "first time" DURING a match. PLEASE READ: Rule and procedure changes
1. If a shooter experiences a malfunction of their firearm they will be given 1 minute to clear the problem. If the problem cannot be resolved with the allotted time they will receive a DNF for that stage.
3. Any new shooter to the CKGC 3 gun matches will be required to meet with the match director and have their abilities evaluated prior to being allowed to participate in the match. Shooters must be able to manipulate the fire controls on their firearms, be able to reload under stress. We don't want anyone to get hurt or killed. If the shooter is deemed unqualified to participate they will be given their match fees back and invited to watch the match. After the match is over one of the more experienced shooter will be glad to show the new shooter the basic things they will need to master to shoot in the next match.
4. All participants are required to help paste cardboard targets and reset the steel targets when not shooting or prepping for their turn to shoot.
5. Shooters that are sharing FIREARMS any shooter may share a firearm with ONE other contestant in the match. It is the shooters responsibility to inform the score keeper so that the 2 shooters sharing a firearms can be far enough apart in the rotation not to slow the flow of the match down. Shooters may not share a firearms with more than ONE other shooter.
6. Shooters must wear attire that is functional for a sport that requires shooting and moving. NO FLIP FLOPS or open toed shoes allowed. This is a safety issue.
7. All shooters need to make sure their firearms are in good working order and clean. If the RO or match director feel the firearms is unsafe or won't function properly the shooter will be asked to retire from the match and be refunded their match fees.
8. Any equipment used in the match must be functional. Holsters need to be firmly attached and cover the trigger guard of the pistol. The use of slings will be evaluated on a case by case basis.

I hope everyone understands that this does not mean we don't encourage new shooters, just that we want everyone to have fun, be safe and enjoy the match. This will help us get through the match and clean up by 3:00

Latest posts