3GN Discussion

tul9033

Founding Member
What the heck happened to Lena Miculeks shotgun? The last episode was full of gun malfunctions.
Perhaps Jesse can shed some light on the situation.

also, its an entertainment show, you really cant make an informed statement on gun malfs unless its your gun. Most gun malfs in general are ammo related.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I'm pretty sure both Lena and Daniels troubles where gun related mike. Both of them would not fire another round.

Travis Colford

Well-Known Fanatic
Lena's looked as if the firing pin snap as he gun cycled rounds but wouldn't go boom. As for Daniels shrug but .....

Jesse Tischauser said:
Guns break. Cheap guns that get shot a lot break more.

As for they guns they use I am sure they are used and abused just as everyone's guns will break at some point it happens but at least both of them had a back up and came back and continued to push for the W.

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
I asked Lena that two weeks ago. We stayed in the same cabin and John squaded with her all week at RM3G.

Crap got in her trigger assembly and locked it up. Big loss for something easily avoidable. I can tell you she ran a clean gun every day at RM3G.

She's a pro's pro. I doubt she ever makes the same mistake twice.

jtischauser

Not saying Lena wouldn't tell the 100% truth all the time but What kinda crap gets in your shotgun trigger on a 5 stage one day match?

When pros guns break they tend to blame anything but the gun to avoid making it look bad and hurting their sponsors.

Of course my guns never break ;)

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
Makes sense, I think that was the first stage too.

I do know she cleaned that shotgun every night at Rocky Mnt.

jtischauser

mike cyrwus said:
Jesse is on the money. Almost makes you wonder why anyone listens to anything sponsored shooters say, eh? ;)
You have to take everything with a grain of salt and common sense. The pro shooter that never has any guns or gear issues might not be the person you want to listen to.

I've broken everything I have at least once and I'll tell you what went wrong and how Accurate Iron fixed my stuff right so you can set your kit up to avoid the issues I've experienced.

Travis Colford

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Not saying Lena wouldn't tell the 100% truth all the time but What kinda crap gets in your shotgun trigger on a 5 stage one day match?

When pros guns break they tend to blame anything but the gun to avoid making it look bad and hurting their sponsors.

Of course my guns never break :wink:
Wait a minute :eek: a sponsored shooter doesn't want to blame the gun to avoid pissing off a sponsor why would they ever not want to piss off the people paying them to promote their product.

mike cyrwus said:
Jesse is on the money. Almost makes you wonder why anyone listens to anything sponsored shooters say, eh? :wink:
So your saying I shouldn't buy the stoeger cause I know that is Jesse's love child right there :eek:nthequiet:.

Jesse Tischauser said:
You have to take everything with a grain of salt and common sense. The pro shooter that never has any guns or gear issues might not be the person you want to listen to.

I've broken everything I have at least once and I'll tell you what went wrong and how Accurate Iron fixed my stuff right so you can set your kit up to avoid the issues I've experienced.
And this just sounds like a great commercial for Accurate Iron...... But agree nothing in this world is going to work 100% of the time but when it does break you just better have a back up or a good smith on dial.

Or duck tape cause what doesn't that **** fix.

Sundance74

Well-Known Fanatic
Lena's problem was she forgot to Loctite her overtravel screw in. Screw backed out, trigger no pulley. Brand new gun, first match, go figure.
Daniel had ammo problems as far as I can remember. I happened to be holding the timer for both of them. That stage was cursed for a lot of people, that's where Greg Jordan's pistol came off safe too.

jtischauser

David Marlow said:
Hi, Jack!! What size plates on the rack are used for the rifle shootoff/qualifier stages in 3GN? Are they the MGM 8" standard plates?
This year we shot all 10" plates. Much easier, less missing resulting in better TV.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
This year we shot all 10" plates. Much easier, less missing resulting in better TV.
Holy ****, 10"? I'm using pasters cut to scale for 15 feet in dry fire based on a 6" plate at 50 yards, as I don't have regular access to rifle-rated steel. I need an MGM home range makeover. Now that would be some good TV.

jtischauser

David Marlow said:
Holy ****, 10"? I'm using pasters cut to scale for 15 feet in dry fire based on a 6" plate at 50 yards, as I don't have regular access to rifle-rated steel. I need an MGM home range makeover. Now that would be some good TV.
Damn that would be good TV!

Latest posts