.380 ammo . . . aka . . . hen's teeth

Littlejon126

Fanatic
Frost said:
Yupper, it does not eat much or take a bunch of showers and make the light bill go up.
It is exactly the opposite of my youngest son...

I like that, that's how I feel about buying guns! And if anyone asks why you stockpiled early, tell them that you've already made a return on your brass and lead investment: :D

Cadillac

Administrator
.380 at the last gunshow was $25 a box of 50.
The range I shoot at puts a half dozen boxes on teh shelf every day - first come first serve.
They say they hold back at least one box for every .380 they have in stock.
Customers get highly pissed when they buy a $400 gun and can't buy bullets at the same time :shock:

I can see both sides of it. So if I get there at opening time in th emorning I can get a box.
19.99 for PMC.

I've lucked into 3 boxes so far.

:D

jonyrotten

Well-Known Fanatic
i've got 2 50 rd boxes i'm giving to my bud today since i don't like my bersa anymore. i'm also thinking about giving him my bersa heheheh..****in POS HA HA HA

BTW, anybody want to buy a bersa 95?

Mortal_Wombat

Fanatic
the last time I saw any .380 in person was at the gun show in charleston, $25 a box, got two and quickly burned through them at the range. need moar! :evil:

armedpig

Well-Known Fanatic
Last show I was at a guy had cases of Privi .380 for $20 for 50. I picked up a couple it's all I could get. I had already spent what cash I had on me by the time I found him. :|

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
Jonyrotten!

Feel free to post the Bersa 95 in the Buy/Sell section.
I'd like to see it. A fellow has Thunder .380 here locally that I've been eying for a couple of weeks.

I see you're in Kershaw. I have relatives in Camden. Of course Camden is Kershaw County and you might be referring to the Town of Kershaw.

;)

jonyrotten

Well-Known Fanatic
Pops said:
Jonyrotten!

Feel free to post the Bersa 95 in the Buy/Sell section.
I'd like to see it. A fellow has Thunder .380 here locally that I've been eying for a couple of weeks.

I see you're in Kershaw. I have relatives in Camden. Of course Camden is Kershaw County and you might be referring to the Town of Kershaw.

;)

yeah, we're in kershaw town, just north of kershaw county.

the 95 just went belly up, the torsion spring on the trigger broke, so i've got to fix that before i think of selling it. hell, if i fix that, i may not want to sell it. the trigger was the whole problem, but it was an inherited gun from someone that didn't clean guns, i thought it was just dirty as hell and sticky, all gummed up. now i know what the problem was.

Maddog

Well-Known Fanatic
I was in my local shop Yesterday (11-24-09) and they were putting out some .380, limit one box per, it was going about $23.95 if I recall. Some brand I did not recognize but its starting to make its way back into stock. We are seeing a good bit of 9mm and .45acp showing up in the local Walleyworlds and .40 cal has never gotten as scarce as 9mm and .45acp, the .380 has been non existent until yesterday.

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
Got some 44 cal slugs today and loaded some rounds to impress the natives with.
29 grains of H110 behind a 200 grain bullet out of a 4" magnaported barrel.
Can we say ball of fire?

armedpig

Well-Known Fanatic
Frost said:
Got some 44 cal slugs today and loaded some rounds to impress the natives with.
29 grains of H110 behind a 200 grain bullet out of a 4" magnaported barrel.
Can we say ball of fire?

Please try to post some action pics please.

WILDCATT

Fanatic
the shortage is driving many to reloading.I have always reloaded since 1937.have 15 press and 30 molds.yes primers are in short supply but powder is not.I dont shoot that much any more.so my supplies will last me.
get a midsouth cat and look it over.I have lee turret presses.plus other brands.and lee molds plus others.you always have ammo that way.

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
Armedpig

No pics sorry, blame it on the camera.
I will say the Draco had a lot of muzzle blast and no recoil to speak of.
The 629 on the other hand was a handful.

Once I got the dust cover to stay on the Draco it was a lot of fun to shoot.
Notice I said shoot not hit stuff with :lol:
I just need to figure out how to hold it I guess.

WildCatt
That's a long time to be hand loading.
I have only been doing it since the early 80s.

armedpig

Well-Known Fanatic
Found some hens teeth today. 5 boxes of Winchester White box for $25 a box. I hated to pay that much, but I haven't seen a box in 6 months.

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
too much light for a fireball. I need to do a timed exposure at dusk to catch a muzzle flash.
It was highly impressive to shoot though. That was the first time I've ever shot a 44 Mag and I promise it lives up to its reputation. :shock:

I would say the flash I did see was about the size of a basketball.

All in all it was a pretty good day shooting!

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
Armedpig

Thats about what I had to pay for the last couple of boxes I bought.
That means you are paying over 50 cent a round.
I can buy good .308 for that.
Who would have ever thought that .380 would cost as much as or more than .308.

Latest posts