30mm Scope mount questions

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
Howdy Folks,

I'm hoping some of you could lend your experience with different scope mounts. I'm looking to purchase a new mount and I'd love to hear what you guys are using and more importantly , why you use what you use.

I've heard good things about Larue , Bennie Coolley and a few other mounts. My big quesiton is at that price point for the mount / rings is there any real difference? Would one be just as good as another? I'll be mounting a Bushnell elite tactical 1-6.

Any thoughts on using quick detach versus non?

Thanks!

-Todd

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
Larue mounts are my favorites from what all I have messed with. Save the money and get the vfz mount unless your switching it between guns a lot.

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks guys! I didn't even know abou the vfz mount and I didn't have vortex even on my radar.

SgtDave

Well-Known Fanatic
I use the Bobro mount as well as a Larue. I like the Bobro better for ease of removal when cleaning my rifle. I also have a ADM on my LRP-07 that I like so far. I have just about used all of them at this point including ARMS.

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
Have any of you guys used or seen the Benny Cooley mount at ? http://www.benniecooley.com/bcsam.html It looks interesting but I'm not sure if the adjustable portion in the front is a true benefit or another moving part that could possibly loosen up and cause issues when I least expect it.

RK{ARMS}

Active Fanatic
Well I must be the po guy cause I run the Burris Peppr and have had no problems with either one of them. Usually on sale for 75 bucks a pop. Mount is tight rings are tight have had no issues and I do not always gently lay down my rifle.

Steve L

Active Fanatic
Well I must be the po guy cause I run the Burris Peppr and have had no problems with either one of them. Usually on sale for 75 bucks a pop. Mount is tight rings are tight have had no issues and I do not always gently lay down my rifle.

swfa has their own mount which is made by Burris, its identical to the pepr just cheaper. I used them for my 1" Leupold before getting the Vortex for my 30mm Bushnell

gng4life

Active Fanatic
My vote is for the Larue also but Warne makes a good mount also. For budget minded, there really isn't anything wrong with a PEPR mount but I have heard stories of the mount causing some distortion with the scope in very hot climates. That's not a first hand event but what I was told by another guy who is very well known in the 3Gun arena.

Boxerglocker

Active Fanatic
I had the Bobro, good mount great reliability for zero on/off. The mount rings/screws are a clean design but can be a PITA if your a torque wrench nut like I am.

I switched to the Larue when I realized that the Bobro did not have the clearance I needed to clear my switch view lever for my Viper PST 1-4

Incidentally, the Vortex mounts are almost exactly the same as the ADM recon series. The latches are actually marked ADM.

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank you all for your input. I ended up dropping the hammer on the Larue a few days ago. My scope arrived today so now I'm waiting on the brown van to drop off my mount and off to the range I go. I'll be selling my Burris Mtac 1-4 in 7 days time if anyone is looking. With PEPR mount + switchview.

Latest posts