308 Semi Auto rifle

OK Bowhunter

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been thinking on getting a 308 semi auto rifle, but what should I look at? Main purpose will be for hunting and target shooting, SHTF back on the list. I have looked at the DPMS Panther and it is priced right, but can I get a better rifle for a few 100 more? The budget does not allow for a two grand rifle.

Thanks

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
Rock river arms LAR-8 have gotten some good praise. You can get them for around 1200-1300. Or you could always build one. Mega makes a matched upper and lower that you can use a standard ar15 lower parts kit with. I think they run around 600

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
I have both a RRA and DPMS .308. I would recommend staying with the DPMS pattern and away from the RRA mainly just because the RRA uses proprietary parts. You can get DPMS pattern parts a whole lot easier than only having one source(RRA) for spares. I paid around $1300 for both my RRA standard operator LAR-8 and my DPMS LR-308L. Just shop around.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
The mega is called the MATEN. It's pretty slick. You can use a DPMS or armalite BCG with it and the a barrel of your choice to match. It will use PMAGs as well.

OUshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Ive got a dpms lr-308 and would recommend it for sure. AR 308's are just a different animal when it comes to parts interchange. I think Fulton and dpms work well together. I cant comment on the RRA but hear they are solid shooters.

Feegee

The Magic Man
I have a Armalite AR-10 and love it.it shoots well and has been very accurate they come with a two stage trigger also. If you want to shoot mine you are more than welcome!

View attachment 2857

Sent from (NULL) Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342524431.377367.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342524431.377367.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 31

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Stag arms will have a right handed and left handed .308 AR style Rifle out sometime in the next 6-12 months. It's likely honna be the best bang for your buck like their other products.

aeropb

Well-Known Fanatic
The DPMS's exhibit ridiculously good accuracy out of the box for their price range. Several of my friends that shoot F class have bought them and using their handloads begin shooting .5 - .75 moa groups. Amazing for the $999 they paid for them. People pay 3-5 times that to get a barrel+action+stock, and a good smith to put them together.

Latest posts