3 gun shotty

Gfercaks33

Active Fanatic
Hanging out here I think I want to get a new one before the years up. I'm not wanting to sink a ton of money into one if o don't compete as often as I'm thinking I may. Looking around the Stoeger m3000 or m3500 may be the front runner but I stumbled across the cz712. I know cz's have a good quality with their name, and I own a pistol from them and I'm pleased with it. If I buy new I'm torn between those two or finding a used benelli, what are the thoughts from the pros?

Gfercaks33

Active Fanatic
I was thinking that, the problem is waiting until one pops up for sale when I will have the cash in hand. My luck I will find some when I don't have the cash and none when I do.

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
I bought my JMPro 930 when they first came out. Didn't get a chance to compete with it for a couple of years so I was able to read all the problems people were having with it and pretty much got it running reliably before I started. Then the safety locked up on it at the southeastern regional on me, I was shooting horribly anyway so it didn't really make a huge difference but that was enough for me.

I bought an M3K right after that, and all I've done to it so far is put a hiviz comp sight on it, had the stock fitted to me with a kick-eez recoil pad, added a carbon arms 8+4 mag tube, and bevelled the front of the loading port into the mag tube a little to guide the shells in a little better. I plan on having Tom Hart at MOA Precision work his magic on it in the off season. So far it has been absolutely reliable and I like it a lot for the money.

All that being said, like most newbies, I failed to heed the sage advise of "buy once cry once" and probably should have just bought an M2 to start with from the beginning. If you really can't swing the $1000 or so they are going for on gunbroker then the M3K @ $540 from kyguns is going to get you into the game for the least amount of money and time. I am loading quads with it in ~4 secs with the factory loading port, the shells were catching a little above the mag tube so like I said I carefully took a little material away and they almost feed themselves now.

zghorner

Well-Known Fanatic
my m1 is a tank. Not as light and sleek as the M2 but also doesnt recoil as bad either. Im in it for right around $850 how it sits.

20150730_192330.jpg

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
zghorner said:
my m1 is a tank. Not as light and sleek as the M2 but also doesnt recoil as bad either. Im in it for right around $850 how it sits.

20150730_192330.jpg
FYI. M1's kick like a M3000 which is more then an M2 because they don't have comfortech stocks.

My choice in budget shotguns is Benelli M1, Franchi Affinity and the M3000/M3k. There are no others on the list.

The CZ 712 has been tried and want amounted to anything.

zghorner

Well-Known Fanatic
FYI I owned this M2 with an AI full race package for a spell and shooting it side by side with my M1 was no comparison, the M2 had way more recoil.

zghorner

Well-Known Fanatic
What about it was lacking from the race package? I was told it was given to you and the race package was put on it. Then the guy never used it and thats why it was being sold.

Gfercaks33

Active Fanatic
I think I will be going the benelli or Stoeger route I'll have to see the whats up for sale when the time comes. So far I'm having trouble finding places that sell the m3k, I'm thinking the $100 price difference is worth it because of the extended bolt release, charging handle and safety, also it's loading port is slightly opened opposed to the m3000.

Recoil wise how bad is bad, I have shot 80 some odd rounds out of my mosin after it kicking off the bench rest and got me in the clavicle.

zghorner said:
What about it was lacking from the race package? I was told it was given to you and the race package was put on it. Then the guy never used it and thats why it was being sold.
you are/were the fourth or fifth person that has owned it.
someone told someone who told someone who told someone.
who knows what **** people do to guns to fiddle fark with them, especially three gunners

Chad King

Well-Known Fanatic
Gfercaks33 said:
I think I will be going the benelli or Stoeger route I'll have to see the whats up for sale when the time comes. So far I'm having trouble finding places that sell the m3k, I'm thinking the $100 price difference is worth it because of the extended bolt release, charging handle and safety, also it's loading port is slightly opened opposed to the m3000.

Recoil wise how bad is bad, I have shot 80 some odd rounds out of my mosin after it kicking off the bench rest and got me in the clavicle.
No comment on the M1's recoil has I've never shot one. I have however shot 2 matches with a buddies M3K tho it had a limbsaver on it which im not sure is a standard item, and I shot last weekends OKCGC shotgun match (all 150+ rounds of it) with Jesse's spare M2. I don't know about a factory M2 but the AI race package M2 has next to 0 kick my shoulder was slightly sore after the shotgun match but i don't shoot shotguns and it was about 140 bird shot and 10 slugs. After each of the 2 matches i shot with the M3K my shoulder was a little bit more sore after words. I thought alot about getting an M3K and after talking to Jesse i have started to consider it again but I still feel like going by the Cry once buy once rule and just getting an M2 and sending it off to Mike. If you don't think you can budget for the M2 which trust me i know the feeling then look at the Franchi Affinity that Jesse mentioned you can pick one up for about $700 on the high end. In fact you can get one at Bass pro for 600 for the base shotgun that comes with only a Modified choke and a wrench, or 719 with 3-4 chokes and the wrench.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Chad King said:
No comment on the M1's recoil has I've never shot one. I have however shot 2 matches with a buddies M3K tho it had a limbsaver on it which im not sure is a standard item, and I shot last weekends OKCGC shotgun match (all 150+ rounds of it) with Jesse's spare M2. I don't know about a factory M2 but the AI race package M2 has next to 0 kick my shoulder was slightly sore after the shotgun match but i don't shoot shotguns and it was about 140 bird shot and 10 slugs. After each of the 2 matches i shot with the M3K my shoulder was a little bit more sore after words. I thought alot about getting an M3K and after talking to Jesse i have started to consider it again but I still feel like going by the Cry once buy once rule and just getting an M2 and sending it off to Mike. If you don't think you can budget for the M2 which trust me i know the feeling then look at the Franchi Affinity that Jesse mentioned you can pick one up for about $700 on the high end. In fact you can get one at Bass pro for 600 for the base shotgun that comes with only a Modified choke and a wrench, or 719 with 3-4 chokes and the wrench.
Your shoulder was sore cause you are a p***y

posted via Tapatalk