3 gun shotgun sights

Horty

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok I just picked up a Benellie M1 that is already set up for 3 gun (welded lifter, extended bolt handle, nordic +6 tube, etc) from the boards here on Boomer Shooter but I need some advice on sights for it. Currently it has Ghost ring sights and I went out and shot it today and I am not too sure if I like it. Does anyone on here use ghost ring sights for 3 gun and if so how do you like them? I have never used them so I figure I can probably just keep using them and get use to the sight picture but I wanted to see what people recommend for 3 gun sights. Also the barrel on this one doesn't have the top rib that most shotguns have so I can even use anything other than ghost rings? My gun looks just like the Benellie M2 Tactical (http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli-defense-models.php) and I am wondering if I can get sights like those on the M2 3 gun model? Or would I have to buy a whole new barrel? Thanks

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
http://www.hivizsights.com/products/shotgun-sights.html

None of those are gonna get the front up high enough. If you remove the ghost ring rear you pretty much gotta buy a vent run barrel to make it work. Those run $300 minimum.

Horty

Well-Known Fanatic
Where can I find one for $300? I just did a quick search and i'm not seeing anything under $450. I am also not seeing much availability on these things.

ghost ring shotguns suck for three gun; you shoulda asked somebody before you bought it.

I just looked and saw the ad; its fair for the price, but I was a little suprised that Tony and Jesse were all "awesome" deal, and "jump on this". Maybe they should go halves on a vent rib barrel for you!:)

Horty

Well-Known Fanatic
Ha ha yeah I like that idea Mike! No maybe I can just get used to the sights, if anyone sees a good deal on a M1/2 field barrel let me know. Thanks

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Man this is a great example of "you have really got to know who you are getting your info from". Chalk one up to the internet!

Horty

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah well lesson learned, it looks like I'm going to spend half the price of the gun again to get the right barrel. I'll definitely do my research next time!

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Pm me you crazy cat. You have more options than you think, or than what others are telling you.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
I think what Kurt is probably telling Horty is that there have been many a three gun match won with a barrel setup much like what is on the gun in question. Are they preferred? Depends. If you bust your ass and practice, they may be right for you. If you can run a clay stage and not miss, you are going to kick the ass of anyone with a vent rib that has to reload because they can't hit ****. Needless to say, there is no substitute for practice. If you have the ghost with post site setup, you are probably going to beat the pants of of most vent rib barrels when shooting slugs too. :)

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
Is there any way you could cut them off, weld a piece on that has a tapped hole for a different front sight?

Might be a stupid suggestion, most of mine are. :)

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
There are plenty of ways if you want to change the profile of the barrel/sights. Most competent shops that have the tools can remove the front site and add a rib. Plenty of options. Briley can do anything to a shotgun you want, problem is they all cost money. As far as cutting and welding, I would rather not suggest it for liability reasons. :)

Latest posts