3 Gun Scope Height?

Ryan Groves

Well-Known Fanatic
Fixing to order a scope and mount for my new 3 gun rifle (if you have one for sale let me know). Wondering what height is preferred for 3 gun matches? Heard some say go high as possible for quicker acquisition but then your bore is ever further off for close shots and such. Searched around for a while and didn't find any good answers so figured I'd see what you all think/use.

Thanks,

Ryan

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Samson DMR or Vortex/ADM Recon.

They are all the same height pretty much except the tall LaRue which is weird Unless your cheeks are tall.

I bet I have one I could sell you or give you a 10% off code for one at optics planet.

Ryan Groves

Well-Known Fanatic
If you have an extra one you'd part with on the cheaper side i'd take you up on it, current thought is a $200 mount would be little excessive for a sub $500 scope. Can't afford a Razor right now so looking at a Viper or Strike Eagle. Was just curious if anybody went with a higher mount height but sounds like the standard 1.5" is pretty normal for you guys. Appreciate the quick responses

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Some of my friends prefer lower than standard cause they want to really squeeze their cheek down. I have the standard JP mount on my match rifle, it's solid, and secured with 5 screws....well except for the one that sticks out in front of the upper. On my .22 trainer rifle I have the ADM mount just because a buddy of mine had one to sell. But to get back on topic, I think the standard height is just fine, not extra low or extra high.

Ryan Groves

Well-Known Fanatic
slemmo said:
Some of my friends prefer lower than standard cause they want to really squeeze their cheek down. I have the standard JP mount on my match rifle, it's solid, and secured with 5 screws....well except for the one that sticks out in front of the upper. On my .22 trainer rifle I have the ADM mount just because a buddy of mine had one to sell. But to get back on topic, I think the standard height is just fine, not extra low or extra high.
Thanks for the input, good to know regular height is pretty broadly accepted

Jesse Tischauser said:
True, $155 is pretty decent for that much mount, probably what I'll end up going with. I like all the testing they did on the return to zero, could come in handy if I switch to a dot for bay matches

Latest posts