3-gun Rifle Scope Question

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Well I heard that FOV is king and that you really want the best FOV you can get - does the 1.25 vs 1x make a big diff?

I had the 1.25x TR21 before I bought the 1x TR24. I didn't win any matches with the TR21 and now that I have the TR24 I still don't win. So I guess it's about the same, huh?

Seriously a 1.25 isn't bad until you have a true 1x then it sux and there's no going back.

Chris_Andersen

Certified
I have the #4 and like it alot. I tried the triangle and really liked it in close but found it wierd for holdovers on long shots. I think preference is huge on reticles. You are welcome to try mine next Sunday if you like. I am pretty sure I'll be shooting an eotech on another rifle this Sun, so if you want to run my rifle on a stage or two you are welcome to.

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
Mr. T brings up a good point, when it comes to reticles "simple" is better. However lots of folks seem to think they NEED a ballistic tree in their scope, for this sport you don't.

remember one of RNT's dogma's: keep it simple, d!@khead!!!

the bushnell is a very nice scope, and one that should work for many competitors, kurt and I will try to get one for T&E, and report it.

Trapr

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
It looks like a blak 2 moa dot with thin 10moa long lines on both sides and the bottom. It is in the second focval plain so on 1X you have the equivalent of a black 8 moa dot and it is fairly easy to use without lighting it up. I know cause I always forget to turn it on....Like Trapr said Hey batterys arecheap just leave it on for the whole day at the match! DUUUHHHH!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I know cause I always forget to turn it on....Like Trapr said Hey batterys arecheap just leave it on for the whole day at the match! DUUUHHHH!

This is where That TR24 shines. I forget To turn in the Swaro now and the old faithful TR24 is always there glowing and happy just waiting for you to take it shooting. I'm gonna have to convert to the leave it on all day deal. That's a good solid RNT tip right there fellas.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
It looks like a blak 2 moa dot with thin 10moa long lines on both sides and the bottom. It is in the second focval plain so on 1X you have the equivalent of a black 8 moa dot and it is fairly easy to use without lighting it up. I know cause I always forget to turn it on....Like Trapr said Hey batterys arecheap just leave it on for the whole day at the match! DUUUHHHH!

I love your matter of fact answers Kurt.

I'ma give the Meopta a look.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
If you want to play with one, I will be back around the 5th of April or so and you are more than welcome to give it a good wringing out. If you decide to get one and then don't like it I would probably buy it off you. Cyrwus had one and then the next thing I know he goes and sells it. Kurt

Latest posts