3 gun pistol question!

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
It's really what you shoot best. I had a kick ass STI that has made its way around boomer shooter at least once. It shot very well for some people but I could never shoot real well with it. I switched to an M&P in 9 because, well I wanted to. Shoot whatever you can hit **** with and be done with it. 2 rounds more capacity is not going to make your match. Just remember that if you go with a 2011 type gun, make sure that safety stays on when grounding your pistol or you will find your entry fees becoming a donation. :)

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Just remember that if you go with a 2011 type gun, make sure that safety stays on when grounding your pistol or you will find your entry fees becoming a donation. :)
Something alot of new 1911/2011 platform shooters don't seem to remember.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The STI or SV style 2011 pistols are the top of the line when it comes to competition pistols. They are easy to shoot and more accurate than the polymer guns. Expect to pay $1800-2000 for a factory 2011 and $100-125 per mag. If you want a custom gun plan on $2500-5000.

You want a 9mm. Once you shoot 3 gun any USPSA you shoot will be for fun becuse there is no 3 gun that weekend. USPSA multi gun now uses time plus scorng so you don't need a .40 for that any more.

I get 23 in my 140mm 9mm tunes mags with Dawson extensions. that is typical. I just sent a couple of mags to Taran Tactical as he says he can get 24 in them. We will see.

ldp4570

Well-Known Fanatic
I can deal with a limited number of .45acp, but due to the damage to my Ulnar nerves in both arms, shooting .40SW is like beating both arms with a lead babbit. So I'm pretty much stuck in the 9MM world of pistols.

Latest posts