3-gun OKCGC - January 26?

Larry Mullican

Well-Known Fanatic
"Got Ammo?" Let's see. 3 gun. USPSA H&H and OKC Gun Club. Heartland Carry Gun Match. Decisions, decisions. I could stick some fire crackers in the end of the barrels, for effects. Hmm, running short on those too. Guess I could just shout bang and get a good workout and practice my aim. Ha ha

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I hope the powers that be reconsider allowing rimfire rifles.

I understand that too many jams coupled with folks unable to clear them can add significant time to a match, so I propose a "ten and go" procedure: If there's a jam with the .22 rifle, the shooter has ten seconds to clear it. If cleared within ten seconds, continue the course of fire. If there is a second jam or the first one was not remedied in ten seconds, the shooter must complete the rifle targets using his pistol, or take the penalties for any rifle targets remaining.

Or the simpler "Jam-dammit" procedure that allows no attempts to clear the jam and the shooter makes it as safe as possible and engages the rifle targets with his pistol.

If the pistol was grounded previously on the stage, then penalties are simply assessed.

It wouldn't add significant time to the match and would allow more people to shoot (and continue to shoot) these matches.

Thoughts?

(Heartland has allowed rimfire for about two years, but I think I'll make a post in that thread reminding everyone about that.)

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
Ussa allows rimefire at the 3gun match. We don't seem to have an issue with jamming and having to engage rifle targets with pistol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
So we tried that a few times a couple years ago. There are good and not so good reason to allow for 'em.

Now, this is my opinion and in no way reflects that of OKCGC or any club official that may be running these matches.

When we did it before, the hardest part was setting up the long range for that division. That was relatively easy as we used the small plate racks that can be activated with a .22 and placed them out at 60-75 yards. We also had a 200yard bonus target that was a balloon. It was a hoot. I believe Rusty won that division handedly.

Now, with that said, 22LR is also getting pretty hard to find and is much more difficult to reload. :)

If I were to run a match in these times, I would allow for a rimfire division but magnified and non would be in the same class.

No matter what Kurt, Mike, Curly et al decide to do, I will be there with the new VersaMax, shooting Tac Optics.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Nope! I am not designing 3-gun stages with "womens tees" for rimfire. Go to Ryan's match or shoot steel challenge, but no rimfire at OKCGUNCLUB 3-GUN.

HOWEVER, IF DAVID E IS WILLING TO WEAR A CUTE POLO AND GOLF SKIRT, I WILL BEG KURT TO RECONSIDER.

DoubleBarrel

Well-Known Fanatic
these are all great responses, but the question still remains. Are we on for this month? Trying to bring some first time shooters and making plans. thanks

Everett, this is a monthly match; its on. unless we call it off because of really bad weather, unforseen circumstances, or excessive armchair quarterbacking.

DoubleBarrel

Well-Known Fanatic
Everett, this is a monthly match; its on. unless we call it off because of really bad weather, unforseen circumstances, or excessive armchair quarterbacking.
thanks, we are going to book hotel rooms so just needed to have an idea and make sure i hadn't missed something. thanks again

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
If Mike or Kurt are reading this how about making it shotgun heavy since birdshot is all the idiots haven't bought up. Hell, maybe even make it ALL shotgun

This is another option.

Expecting a new shooter to use ammo that currently is a buck a shot or more is unrealistic for most. Chastising them for not buying more sooner isn't helpful, either.

I can't find affordable .223 ammo, nor can I find components. I'm reluctant to shoot from my modest "stash" until I'm able to replace it.

Thankfully, I appear to be the only one so affected.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
I don't think you are the only one affected DE. I think we are all feeling the pain for sure but I have heard Kurt say one time before, three gun is three gun and if we are going to play it, we are doing it right. :)

Shotgun heavy sounds like fun. I gotta break in the new gun somehow anyway.

Latest posts