3 Gun Nation format

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Can anyone explain the new format that 3 Gun Nation is doing this year? I know they are trying to make it more TV friendly but I don't understand the scoreboard that I see on Facebook after each of the segments. Remember to type S-L-O-W-L-Y Cause I'm....well, ME

pre_1432218967__3gun_nation_scoreboard.jpg

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
I do not know what the format is.
But, based on the information on the score card picture that you posted, it appears that the following is the way it works:
After "Stage 1", the bottom 3 in the rankings were forced to shoot in the "Eliminator 1 shotgun". The winner of that eliminator stage, and the top 3 from Stage 1 got to stay and compete in "Stage 2". Now the Bottom 2 in ranking after "Stage 2" must compete in "Eliminator 2".
Based on this I would guess that the winner of "Eliminator 2" and the top 2 from "Stage 2" will then compete in "Stage 3", Then the Bottom 2 in ranking after "Stage 3" would compete in "Eliminator 3" with the winner of "Eliminator 3" returning to compete against the winner of "Stage 3" in "Stage 4" for the championship.

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Stage 1 = 6 Competitors. 3 Lowest scores go to Eliminator 1 stage. 3 highest scores skip to stage 2.
Eliminator 1 = 3 Lowest scores from Stage 1. Winner continues to Stage 2, losers go home
Stage 2 = 4 Competitors. 2 Lowest scores go to Eliminator 2 stage. 2 highest scores skip to Stage 3.
Eliminator 2 = 2 Lowest scores from Stage 2. Winner continues to Stage 3, loser goes home.
Stage 3 = 3 Competitors. 2 Lowest scores go to Eliminator 3 stage. 1 highest score skips to Stage 4.
Eliminator 3 = 2 Competitors, Highest score goes to Stage 4, Lowest score goes home.
Stage 4 = 2 Competitors. Highest Score Wins, Lowest Score gets 2nd place.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Jeff T said:
Stage 1 = 6 Competitors. 3 Lowest scores go to Eliminator 1 stage. 3 highest scores skip to stage 2.
Eliminator 1 = 3 Lowest scores from Stage 1. Winner continues to Stage 2, losers go home
Stage 2 = 4 Competitors. 2 Lowest scores go to Eliminator 2 stage. 2 highest scores skip to Stage 3.
Eliminator 2 = 2 Lowest scores from Stage 2. Winner continues to Stage 3, loser goes home.
Stage 3 = 3 Competitors. 2 Lowest scores go to Eliminator 3 stage. 1 highest score skips to Stage 4.
Eliminator 3 = 2 Competitors, Highest score goes to Stage 4, Lowest score goes home.
Stage 4 = 2 Competitors. Highest Score Wins, Lowest Score gets 2nd place.
Nailed it!

One thing worth mentioning is that the bottom 16 have to requalify at Nationals in October to earn their pro card back next year. That means if you're knocked out in round 1 you lose your pro card.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Jesse Tischauser said:
Nailed it!

One thing worth mentioning is that the bottom 16 have to requalify at Nationals in October to earn their pro card back next year. That means if you're knocked out in round 1 you lose your pro card.
Ouch

Latest posts