3 Gun Nation Announces Partner Outlaw Matches for 2013

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Semi Pro Series is all Tac Optics too...

http://www.3gunnation.com/news/3gn_announces_2013_partner_matches

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
awesome! I'm curious as to what the divisions mean. Any idea what he divisional series is? Although there are days I feel like I shoot like the man.. I am relelgated to amateur I suspect.

jtischauser

Division series is the same as last year unless my quick read missed something.

$5,000 to the winners of

Heavy optics
Heavy Irons
Tactical Optics
Tactical Irons
Open

Plus the Junior, Amateur, and Ladies races. Exciting chit!

Pigfish73

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm glad all of the 2012 matches are back on the list plus some new ones. Also glad the USPSA MG Nats is back on there. Pleased with the decision to make Semi Pro TO only.

jtischauser

There are a boat load of matches available for shooters to shoot. It's going to be interesting to see which matches provide the best opportunities for semi pro and division series shooters to gain points.

I bet the winners come out of the areas with the smallest match closest to them. NW Multi Gun had a lot of opportunities last year. I bet the new matches Tarheel 3 Gun, Task Force Dagger and whatever that International 3 Gun match is at The Rock draw less top shooters due to the unknowns with a new match.

I'm gonna try to shoot 2-3 different division series this year.

I also see a lot of ties in the division series. Theoretically it is possible to have 5 shooters with 300 points each in any one division.

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
They just pissed all over their big matches by making the little one I have never heard of "majors"

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
I guess as long as Horner shoots TO at all of them it doesn't matter. But if no one at the top shows up everyone gets free points

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
The task force dagger match was a lot of fun even though it was a cluster **** from the administration point of view. I've got videos of the match somewhere if anyone is interested. It was a nice mix of close range and distance. One of the nicest ranges I've ever seen in my life.

jtischauser

I guess as long as Horner shoots TO at all of them it doesn't matter. But if no one at the top shows up everyone gets free points

Guess you need to get a hard case and fly to the smallest matches you can find that are the furthest from Georgia.

Pigfish73

Well-Known Fanatic
I haven't seen a date for Ozark yet, but there's a Pro match scheduled for the same weekend that it is usually held on.

jtischauser

Dang Chris! Those two matches are must shoot for any semi pro that's wanting to rack up some points. Especially since last year there want a bunch if pro shooters at the matches already. If you added NW Multi gun or the Tarheel or Task force dagger id day your guarantees a slot in the end if season pro shoot in match.

Pigfish73

Well-Known Fanatic
Dang Chris! Those two matches are must shoot for any semi pro that's wanting to rack up some points. Especially since last year there want a bunch if pro shooters at the matches already. If you added NW Multi gun or the Tarheel or Task force dagger id day your guarantees a slot in the end if season pro shoot in match.

Did you know Tarheel still has a shotgun rule that states "magazine tube can only hold 8" like the old USPSA MG rules. And TFD is being MD'ed by Andy Horner this year and they're going to use the rule set that he wrote for Blue Ridge. 2 great reasons not to go to either of those matches, IMO. I know that's just my opinion, but I'm not going to spend money to shoot a match where I don't agree with the rules.
I'd love to go to NW MG, but it's a little far for me and my usual travel crew.
I think we're hitting some combo of TX, MW, RM, ProAm, Ozark, FB. We decided not to go back to Superstition this year. I haven't heard anybody from our group talk about going to the USPSA MG Nats. We have discussed going back to FNH, but have not made a decision yet.

jtischauser

Ugh! I don't want anything to do with 8 round shotgun tubes or Horner scoring.

Don't write off NW just yet. If they pair up in the same week with that crimson trace match you won't want to miss it.

Latest posts