3 Gun Hard Case Advice

MarcCT

Fanatic
Hi Guys,

Can you recommend good 3 Gun hard cases that hold at least a rifle, shotgun (With mag extension.), handgun and necessary magazines.

What else should a good 3 Gun Case cater for?

Also, do you guys recommend using hard cases during matches or only for transportation?

If you don't use a hard case during matches, what do you use?

And lastly, how viable are gun carts and what good options are out there? I never saw a single one at SHOT this year.

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Peli cases is what everyone here use at least, you just buy whatever size fits the stuff you want to put in it and cut the foam for your guns/gear.

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Checkout Patriot Cases. He has some awesome stuff that'll fit your needs. I plan to pick up a hard case this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon Deem

Well-Known Fanatic
It really depends on where you shoot as to if a cart is needed or not. I shoot at one place that's really big and you drive u ur car from stage to stage. There's a preload table or gun rack at every stage. No cart needed.

Another place I shoot is smaller with no racks. A cart is a necessity.

As to what's good for a cart. I use a northern tool yard cart. Already had it to haul the kids around the zoo. Took the gun track of the 4 wheeler and it all works pretty well. You can literally use anything that works for you. I've seen a guy with a dolly and a tall kitchen trash can strapped to it. Bungy cords for dividers and a bag for his ammo. He's happy as could be.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Patriot cases builds an excellent 3-gun travel ready hard case and Brack sponsored this forum. Look no further. I bought one awhile back and hit a couple different foam options for different gun setups.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I just received my Patriot Case. Ordered it and it was at the house in a week.

I will have to removed the tube for the shotgun to fit, but Brack and crew now have a cut out in the top foam just for the tube and spring!

Good product and worth the moneys.

striped1

Well-Known Fanatic
I just bought one from Brack at Patriot Cases. Could not be better to deal with. Had it in two days. Significantly better than the pluck and pull foam in regular cases.

As for a cart, I highly recommend. Carrying all your stuff isn't great but a must if flying to a venue. $30.00 baby jogger off of Craigslist, $40.00 in ATV gun mounts and I have a slick gun cart that carries everything including a cooler.

MarcCT

Fanatic
Thanks for the feedback guys.

So you guys recommend DIY gun cart solutions, not some sort of an existing off the shelf solution?

With regards to gun cases, are there no 3 gun cases long enough that you on't have to take your shotgun apart?

Lastly, if you don't use a gun cart, do you guys use gun carts at matches or just for transporting? If so, what do you use on the range?

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
Pretty sure if you want a gun cart it is going to be a DIY situation. There was an off the shelf deal a couple of years ago but I think it got discontinued.

jtischauser

I run 3-Gun wagon when I don't pull the ranger crew along. I homes everything I need and more. I just lay my long Guns over the top.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
It's a much cheaper route to get a jogging stroller from a garage sale or Craigslist then add the rifle racks.
I Have $60 in mine total.

jtischauser

MarcCT said:
Thanks guys, so basically, you use hard cases for travel/transportation only and not on the range during matches?

I spoke with Do-All Outdoor at SHOT Show and they have stopped making that cart.

Do you know of any other companies that make purpose made gun carts?
I pulled around a hard case at a natural terrain match once. It's super heavy and just about killed me.

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Buddy of mine lost the pin that secured the wheel on his trolley while we were crossing a gravel pit to reach a far away stage in 85 degrees (fahrenheit). This is about the same temp where Norwegians start dying of heat stroke.
So a trolley that doesnt work might not be optimal either.

JohnCea

Well-Known Fanatic
You should try the,Pelican Stormi iM3410 Rifle Case with foam, Eylar 53"Multiple Rifle Case, Condition 1 Tactical Hard Rifle Case, Flambeau Outdoors 6500 AR AR Tactical Gun Case.

Latest posts