3 Gun gear

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
What's you're favorite holster, mag holders, and belt for 3 gun?

How do you have your holster, mag holders, and shell caddies oriented on your belt?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Bladetech holsters are great. Their customer service is top notch. I lime the kydex DOH. The new techlok and DOH bracket are even beyter than before.

My dog chewed up a holster and they sent me a new one and just charged me $10 for shipping. I just bought a holster for my G24 and it was kinda tight so I torched it to chamge the shape and now my front site drags. They are replacing it for free!

Get the $5 thumbscrews from 3gunstuff too. They allow you to completely loosen your holster for when you need a fast draw and then you cam crank 'em down so it's secure lime a SERPA holster.

I use bladetechbobby McGee competition pistol nag pouches for 3 gun. You don't do a lot if reloads with pistol in 3 gun so the main thing us to have a mag pouch that is secure on your belt and the mags are super secure in them. The gotta stay put during "I just **** my pants and need a bathroom" type running.

All the shotshell caddies out there are good. I like the Man Mountain Engineering caddies the best. They hold four shells and only weigh 3.x oz. so they ate even lighter than the plastic ones out there. The mark Otto caddies are very versatile. You can adjust the width and the height up and down on your belt. The California competition works and choate are cheap and work great too. You will need at least one or two 6 rounders for big stages if you decide to use 4 rounders as your primaries.

I like the double alpha outer belt on my cr speed inner belt. The DA outer is more ridgid than the CR speed outer but the DA inner is thin and flimsy compared to the CRSpeed. I use the DA inner as my backup that always stays in my range bag so that when I firget my CRSpeed inner at home I have a backup.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I've got a "war-belt" set up now and I want to try it in the next 3 gun. The only problem is shell caddies. I can figure out how to attach them to MOLLE.

I'm going to run it first and see if I like it or not. If not then I'll stick to my regular "redneck tacticool" set-up.

jtischauser

[quote author=Wormydog1724 link=topic=30.msg332#msg332 date=1284845317]
I've got a "war-belt" set up now and I want to try it in the next 3 gun. The only problem is shell caddies. I can figure out how to attach them to MOLLE.

I'm going to run it first and see if I like it or not. If not then I'll stick to my regular "redneck tacticool" set-up.
[/quote]

The way I see it you can either get a competiton rig thats perfectly setup for the game of 3 gun or you can run your duty/tactical gear and test your skills with it and settle for being slower than the gamers.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Yeah that's the way I see it.

I'm not there to win but it would be nice not to suck because my equipment isn't right,

jtischauser

[quote author=Wormydog1724 link=topic=30.msg362#msg362 date=1284849400]
I'm not there to win but it would be nice not to suck because my equipment isn't right,
[/quote]

That's what they all say until the start winning which you could definately do if you jumped in head first.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I still want to get a better shotgun.

My Nova is OK... But an FN SLP or M4 would really help.

Maybe by january i'll have one.

jtischauser

[quote author=Wormydog1724 link=topic=30.msg368#msg368 date=1284849826]
I still want to get a better shotgun.

My Nova is OK... But an FN SLP or M4 would really help.

Maybe by january i'll have one.
[/quote]

An M2 would be even better! You need to come hang out in Kurt's garage for an evening. A few glasses of his homebrew and you will be converted.

jtischauser

[quote author=irons_shooter link=topic=30.msg843#msg843 date=1285160314]
You just might see Redneck Tactical shooting a little something other than benelli soon... Stay tuned..
[/quote]

I knew you guys liked the way those SLP's felt and looked in blue at the FNH shootoffs. Very Niiieeecccce!!!

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Hey Jesse, looks like you can pull the DOH bracket off of a Blade-Tech DOH and use a tek-lok or whatever to go directly onto the belt. Does that sound right?

I need to get a holster for an M&P 40 pretty quickly and Midway has DOHs fairly cheap. I figured if I didn't like the drop I could just pull it off.

jtischauser

[quote author=Spiff link=topic=30.msg1380#msg1380 date=1285897532]
Hey Jesse, looks like you can pull the DOH bracket off of a Blade-Tech DOH and use a tek-lok or whatever to go directly onto the belt. Does that sound right?

I need to get a holster for an M&P 40 pretty quickly and Midway has DOHs fairly cheap. I figured if I didn't like the drop I could just pull it off.
[/quote]

You can take the DOH on and off and change belt attachements very easily. I bought the non DOH black ice from brownells becaseu I knew i woudl show up in 2 days. Took the DOH off my G34 holster and added it. You can interchange the paddle, tek lok, or belt loop attachment very easily.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja

[/quote]

Have you got that M&P yet???

Spiff

Semi-Pro
[quote author=Wormydog1724 link=topic=30.msg1815#msg1815 date=1286417672]

[/quote]

Have you got that M&P yet???
[/quote]

Should pick it up tomorrow. Not gonna lie, I'm a little bit excited on the inside. O:)

jtischauser

I had the M&P 9 Pro DOH and so does my amigo Chris Andersen. I also had the one for the XDM9. They are great. Get the thumb screws for $5 from 3 gun stuff too. http://www.3gunstuff.com/knobs.htm I lossen and tighten mine all the time especially in 3 gun matches when you are really running, gunning, climbing, proning, etc.

Get the holster from Brownells if they have it. You can get the non DOH from Brownells with the everybody is a dealer discount for $51.96, http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=25325/Product/TEK_LOK_HOLSTER_FOR_SMITH___WESSON_M_P
As ATAS as you are you probably won't want the DOH anyhow.

They also have the new Black Ice for the M&P 9 Pro for $53 with the discount. http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=61270/pid=40910/sku/S_W_M_P__Tek_Lok
I'm not sure if the 40 will fit though. You might call bladetech to see for sure. If you get the one for the longslide it will stil work when you upgrade to the new 40L or 9L/pro when you get it in the near future for competitions.

I have an extra DOH attachment or two that you can try if you like. Bladetech sells just the DOH part for $10-12 if you decide to order it later.

Heck it may be the same price as buying from Midway now then. Yep about $65 is you do it seperately so its a wash and I just wasted my time trying to save you money. Oh well.

Let me know what you think of it.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Got M&P and my BT Black Ice both today - they are both saweet. Midway was sold out when I ordered, and Brownells didn't have the DOH attachment, so I've got a standard tek-lok. It's so much quicker than my Raven Concealment and 1911 that it's not even funny. I think I just knocked half a second off of my draw time.

Even though the package says it's for a longslide M&P, I just took a couple measurements and I'm not convinced that one would fit...fair warning. Fortunately, mine is a service model. I bought Phil Strader's old Limited gun, so I think it'll be a while before I'm thinking about upgrading. :D Mikey did an awesome job on the trigger for this thing. You'll have to check it out at Arkansas.

I'm planning on hitting the range with this rig tomorrow and shooting a USPSA match Saturday, so I'll let you know how it does. I'm pretty impressed so far! Seated draw is a breeze!

jtischauser

Nice!

That draw from a loose kydex holster is fast! I haven't tried it but i can see how the new black ice does offer some advantage over the standard holster in seated draws with the way you can cant it forward more before it's fully out.

I bet Phil's old gun is nice. The best part is all the fast shooting is still in the gun. Lol;)

You can always put a little heat on the end of that holster with a hair dryer or a torch and open the end up to make a 5" fit. Or do like I did for my open gun and saw the end off. I didn't think about opening the end up with heat before it was too late.

R u gonna be back up this way before the AR section match? We should go shoot. I'd like to try your rifle.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Haha, twist my arm a little, Wormy.

Sorry Jesse, I don't think there's any way I can make it up there in the next couple of weeks. I'd like to try your JP out sometime. I'm a big fan of the muzzle jump on the Titan, not so much on the loudness and blastiness, heh. But we don't get scored on quiet and sneaky. I was sighting in it and my other rifle the other day, and the difference between the Titan and no comp, rifle length gas and mid gas, and 55gr vs. 75 gr is insane. I think my other rifle recoils 5x as much as the 3gun rig. But I don't have to double plug for it.

I'd like to tune this one also, 'cause I really do think I could make the muzzle not move at all!

I saw you're looking at getting one of those Ergo M93 clones also...you're welcome to drive mine around anytime you want. The butt is a little wide, but my original M93B is a great stock! I've been abusing that thing for going on 5 years now, and I bought it (slightly) used!

Latest posts