3-Gun barricade

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Would someone volunteer to build this if Mike would use it at the OKCGC match?

pre_1440450195__3gn_barricade.jpg

pre_1440450359__3gn_barricade_photo.jpg

ShaneP

Looks good to me
I remember there being one of those back when we had the long range bay(s). 100 yd C zone pistol shots on steel=awesome.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Here is a better idea. Take a sheet of plywood and cut it at a 45 degree angle. Then cut some weird holes in it. All of those props above give some guys with a certain height an advantage because the ledges or flat spots fit their standing/kneeling height best. If the side edge you have to shoot off of is at an angle nobody has an advantage. The alternative is to cut as many 2" steps in the side as you can. Then be sure to have a right handed version and a left handed version available so its fair for everyone.

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
Would someone volunteer to build this if Mike would use it at the OKCGC match?

pre_1440450195__3gn_barricade.jpg

pre_1440450359__3gn_barricade_photo.jpg
If you can draw it. I can probably build it out of wood. I can't weld very well, so anything metal is a problem for me to build. 3/4" plywood is going to make that 6' tall x 3' or 4' wide thing weigh about 65 or 75 lbs, by the time you add the legs or supports. 3/4" veneer core BC plywood weighs 74lbs for a 4'X8' sheet.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the Rest to God.

zombiegirl

Well-Known Fanatic
:keeporder:I just have the luxury of using them....they are not mine ............and actually there are many more

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I wish I lived closer. I'd build them. I was working on a rooftop prop with a garden wagon axle on the front crossbeam so I could lift it up and wheel it around the yard, but the wife made me sell the axle.

btaylor1505

Well-Known Fanatic
I could probably built either or both baricade. I have one project going on right now and would need to finish it before starting this build. My wife has been on me to get this project done and would flip if I started something else that is not home related. When would you want it done by?

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
I like that those are made of wood, they burn easier that way. I hate everything about them, I hate the steps, I hate the horizontal slots, I hate the diagonal slots, and I hate the people who use them as props.

btaylor1505 said:
I could probably built either or both baricade. I have one project going on right now and would need to finish it before starting this build. My wife has been on me to get this project done and would flip if I started something else that is not home related. When would you want it done by?
nice!

btaylor1505

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk....I have the supplies to make to original one you posted. I figured I would build the v-tac first since it has more parts to it and is bigger. I will try and finish both of them before this month's match and bring them on setup day. I will have the v-tac done before the match but no guarantee on both of them.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
btaylor1505 said:
Burk....I have the supplies to make to original one you posted. I figured I would build the v-tac first since it has more parts to it and is bigger. I will try and finish both of them before this month's match and bring them on setup day. I will have the v-tac done before the match but no guarantee on both of them.
That will be up to the Match Director, but I bet either one will be put to good use

Latest posts