3 Gun at OKC Gun Club Saturday Oct. 22nd

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
With the holidays coming up looks like this will be my last one this year :-( oh well I need to save pennies for a new pistol. Looking forward to this match for sure. Later,

Kirk

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
Probably not going to be able to make setup this time. I do feel bad though, I guess a couple of the guys caught my YouTube videos from the last time and fled the state to shoot some lame ass event in Nevada .........

thanks everyone for helping set up.
the round count is pretty close to what we thought; 75 each and 2 slugs will get you through the match easily. and youll bring some home.
I suppose bring 4 slugs in case you need a reshoot, but we'll have plenty spares on hand.

see you at 930

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
could a person use a different rifle to shoot the long range stage as long as both rifles were set up for the same division?

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
Big thanks to everyone that put in work to get this match set today! I'll be there for tear down as well...

If anyone needs shell caddies, I'll have several extras with me...

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Are you planning on using a WASR AK for the long range shots?
something like that.....not really.
Just wanting to know if it was within the rules to use a more long range appropriate AR for the long range stages as long as it fits into the same division.

BTW: I'm not talking about just this match, I'm talking about 3gun matches in general.

Chambers

actual GM
You are supposed to use the same equipment for the duration of the match. If something breaks you can borrow a rifle in the same division or whatever, but that's about the only time. Also, stuff like magnifiers or bipods are supposed to remain on the rifle for the whole match even if you only use them on one stage. Everybody seems to forget about that little rule.

That said, at our little local match...nobody gives a ****. Sometimes I'll try out a buddy's gun if it has something cool that I've never used.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
That was the answer I gave when asked the question. But if you look at the 3GN footage of the Iron Man match, they were using different rifles for the long range targets.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
That was the answer I gave when asked the question. But if you look at the 3GN footage of the Iron Man match, they were using different rifles for the long range targets.

I think that was a prop gun that everyone used on that stage at the Iron Man. I wondered the same thing until I noticed all shooters were using a rifle that looked identical.

toyfreak

Well-Known Fanatic
I will have t watch it back again. But I'm pretty sure I heard that long range gun on 3 gn referred to as "my" long range rifle. I got the Impression that a few of the guys had a different gun for long range stages. Why would a prop gun be another AR? I could see a bolt gun as a prop. That would be cool. One target at 800.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass

The Iron Man is a 4 gun match. You bring a long range setup as well. Some guys have AR10 style rifles. Some have bolt guns. Some take pot shots at 800 yards with there .223 AR15. It's part of the reason I don't go cause I ain't got no long ranger yet.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I was glad to help today! it's always good to be doing something besides working. I also got to find out that my rifle will shoot all the way out to 300 yards :-\ and I'm not a fan of the diffuser choke so back to IC for me. See you guys in the morning looking forward to this one. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts