3 Gun at OKC Gun Club Saturday Oct. 22nd

Chambers

actual GM
Thats what i was afraid of.
guess i will be working on my freestyle ALOT

anybody know what the 10" at 300 equivalent would be at 100? Im guessing i need to be able to hit a quarter at 100

10" at 300 yards = 3 1/3 MOA, which is just over 3" at 100...

I would be surprised if anyone gets all of their hits on that stage.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Thats what i was afraid of.
guess i will be working on my freestyle ALOT

anybody know what the 10" at 300 equivalent would be at 100? Im guessing i need to be able to hit a quarter at 100

I'm no engineer but it's around 3 1/3".

Get ready to be surprised Chambers!!!

Browtine

Well-Known Fanatic
Hopefully they are MGM flashers which have a 5x5" square on top of the 10" circle. That will give us 15" of height.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Practiced a little bit tonight shooting clays at 100yds.
That's 4 MOA, a tad bigger than the 3.3 MOA 10" flashers at 300yds.
It's doable but tough. I didn't hit in 1 shot & it wasn't within 15 sec.

1000YRDSHOT

Well-Known Fanatic
My advice would be that you should practice shooting while standing, knelling, sitting, and prone with a .22, start at 25 yards, then move to 50 yards, then 75, and then 100 yards. Shoot strings of 5 then check your hits, practice your breathing technique and don't move out to the further distances until you have mastered the close range stuff.

After you have all of this down, pick up your AR and do the same for 100, 200, and 300. Maybe put up a large piece of cardboard right behind the target, that way you can walk down and check out how much you were off target.

sefentress

Well-Known Fanatic
Unless you do a fair amount of off hand practice, you are just kidding yourself on those kinds of shots. You have to develope a knowledge of time available, position, breathing, wobble area and wobble pattern and you must know your trigger! All that takes time and practice, so stand up and shoot like a man :) (unless of course your allowed to use a rock solid position w a rest) :) :)

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Okay. You will need aobut 75 of each, (50 for shot would do) AND TWO slugs no more. We have 4 stages designed because Curly and Mike are all alone on this one as the rest of us are off to the Nationals in Vegas, so I am taking it easy on them. Set-up will strat around 1:30 on Friday so please help if you can. If Mike and Curly get enough help they could throw in one more stage. Be prepaired for some position shooting at 200-300, there won't be any support offered nor will it be allowed in two of the 3 positions. the slug shots won't be very far, BUT one will be off the support side. This time we have some option targets for pistol and shotgun you can use either one that sings to you. Have fun and we will see you in November!

BTW the raffle for the M-14 will be available for anyone interested. KurtM

you guys are hiding good info in a match thread that will never be looked at after this weekend.

Like Curly said; 2pm setup on Friday; 930 sign in on Sat.

Any of the tulsa boys gonna make it?

1000YRDSHOT

Well-Known Fanatic
After last nights shooting practice I'm even MORE ready for Friday to get here, so I can practice for Saturday!!!

Thanks again Jesse, Chris, and Jake.

Ps. I wasn't going to shoot because I needed to study for a Hydraulics test. Well shooting must be the answer, because I made an A.

Latest posts