3 Gun at OKC Gun Club Saturday Oct. 22nd

Browtine

Well-Known Fanatic
300yrds freestyle..... :25: and spray! I hope those are some big ass flashers.

Unfortunately, it looks like they aren't going to let us spray! Stage description says you can only engage with one shot each. Hopefully I'm reading that wrong.

If not, that stage has me worried!

Chambers

actual GM
It's fixed time scoring, which means you are not penalized for misses. Whoever hits the most would get max points.

We don't have 6 flashers, but we could use the other steel for this.

Can anyone just give me a guess on round count

75/75/75 bird, rifle, pistol per usual.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Unfortunately, it looks like they aren't going to let us spray! Stage description says you can only engage with one shot each. Hopefully I'm reading that wrong.

Which is an even better reason to shoot the stage during the match then leave it up afterwards for everyone to practice on. I will be doing some practice on it next Wednesday night at the gun club as well.

jtischauser

It's fixed time scoring, which means you are not penalized for misses. Whoever hits the most would get max points.

Just paint all the big steel at okcgc black then repaint a white 10" circle on the center. You might hear a bad hit but you will be able to tell if it's a good enough pace to get 6/6.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
stage 9 would be a good one to practice fo sho! 300yrds freestyle..... :25: and spray! I hope those are some big ass flashers.
Just paint all the big steel at okcgc black then repaint a white 10" circle on the center. You might hear a bad hit but you will be able to tell if it's a good enough pace to get 6/6.
From Bruce:
Six inch round plates at 80 to 100 yards, 10" round plates at 200 and 300 yards

jtischauser

BTW if okcgc needs more rifle targets on the rifle bay's what would be on the wish list?

Part of the probelm with steel that gets left out is that it get shot up quick so it needs maintenance often. Little things like hardened bolts to reattach the steel to the posts and new post would be great. Of course I would need access to an adjustable wrench and a hammer to fix what I broke.

We just shot some 10" steel target at a match that hung on firehose. very much like the MGM flashers and they jumped all over so you knew you hit them. The steel we currently have at 300 is great but it is hard to hear the hits with plugs in. The hirehose deal would be an easy way to get more reactive targets for that action pistol long range bay.

I wish we could shoot out to at east 400 on that bay and up to 600 out there. Is there anymore room down in the bottom there?

I would love a roof top barricade to shoot off of. I have a kinda good idea for a bunker with a roof top built into the front of that firing line with steps going into both ends. I have a backhoe to do the digging but i need help doing the concrete work to do that part right.

I would love a tower to shoot out of.

I would love to have a platform on cables/chain/springs to shoot from.

There are more but I will stop there. LOL!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member

I emailed Bruce Bethell about this.

from Bruce:
Timed fire, one bite at each apple within time limits.

toyfreak

Well-Known Fanatic
From Bruce:
Six inch round plates at 80 to 100 yards, 10" round plates at 200 and 300 yards
Thats what i was afraid of.
guess i will be working on my freestyle ALOT

anybody know what the 10" at 300 equivalent would be at 100? Im guessing i need to be able to hit a quarter at 100

Latest posts