.22LR conversion for G23

oklaccer

Well-Known Fanatic
In the never ending search to reduce the cost of shooting, I just purchased an Advantage Arms conversion. Last night I took it out to the dump just to run rounds through it. Had 2 malfunctions, 1 was a bad primer. I tried twice to get it to fire with no luck. The other is in the category of unknown at this time. The trigger pull felt a little "off", but I couldn't really tell what was wrong. Anyway, the trigger released but the round did not fire and there was no indentation on the primer. I cyled the next round into the chamber and the rest of the evening was without fault. Ran about 150 rounds through it before the sun set. It has adjustable sights and seemed to be very accurate at 25 ft or so. I plan to take it to the range Thursday and run several hundred rounds through it. This time I will be using paper targets and keeping a better record of accuracy.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Sweet! I have 500 or so rounds thru my Advantage Arms conversion. It isn't flawless but what .22 is? I have been pleasantly surprised with mine thus far. I really need to try to wear mine out this summer. I have 7 mags for it but would much rather have some high cap mags. Loading .22 is almost so hard that it defeats the cost savings.

oklaccer

Well-Known Fanatic
I only have one mag, with 3 on order. Tried loading without the speed loader and very quickly went back to the speed loader. Yeh, not a lot of fun loading magazines, but lots of fun to shoot. Yesterday I took it apart and Militec'd the metal parts that were easy to get to, oiled the rest. I ran through a full box of 525rds of Remington Golden Bullets at the range today and only had 2 malfunctions. Both were ammo related. Indentations on the primer, but didn't fire. It is not a tack driver, but is it does seem to be accurate. After making some sight adjustments, most of the rounds hit within +/- an inch of dead center. My biggest problem is finding the right lens in my trifocals so that I can see sights and the target at the same time.

Latest posts