2015-2016 Deer hunting contest

dennishoddy

BoomerShooter is again sponsoring a deer hunting contest for this season.

We will have a really nice prize from Freedom Munitions, a forum sponsor to the winner of each category in a random draw for, Archery, Muzzleloader, and Gun(be it rifle or pistol).

Archery will be first to start Oct 1, and it will last until January 15, 2016.
Archery entries will be allowed from any state in the US, Canada, or if you travel overseas, it will be allowed as well.

Here is how its going down. There will be a dedicated thread for entries. Your entry will be a pic of the deer, antelope, Elk, Caribou, or deer related exotic posted in the thread. The thread will be for pictures only. Winner is going to be a random draw by post number. Hence the need for no discussion in the entry thread.

There will be a discussion thread for that season started so you can post your pic there, and give us the story about your hunt.

What we ask from those that enter a pic of their harvest is something identifying the year, the shooter, and hopefully your equipment will be in the pic as well. You can use your tag, whatever. The rules are going to be pretty easy.

Good luck to all that will be getting into the field this year. The forum is looking forward to your entry and story. :D

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
does this count?
It counts.

not much of a photo. just proof. imagine a dead doe with a duck holding a muzzle loading rifle behind her. A few years ago I built a Lyman Great Plains rifle with browned barrel and all. I finally killed a deer with it. Not much of story. me in tree. deer comes by. i shoot deer. deer dies. a young doe. i recovered the round ball on the far side of the body cavity just under the skin. nice and flattened. who needs sabot bullets and scopes? I like the more primitive rifle. tally ho!

Kevin

pre_1447290577__doe_tag_and_ball.jpg

dennishoddy

Time is quickly coming to an end for the archery and deer centerfire contests. Get your pictures posted in the appropriate threads before Dec. 31.

dennishoddy

The centerfire deer hunting contest has ended at midnight Dec 31, 2015.

You have until Jan 2, 2400hrs to get in any pics your sitting on and haven't posted. Then I will have the drawing.

Only one entry in the Archery contest. You folks need to get out and get some entry's in that thread to win a prize.

Latest posts